Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Various Tokarev Models - Info & Disassembly Guides

1895 Nagant, TT-30, TT33 and Makarov
Jonas_Salk
United States of America

Re: Various Tokarev Models - Info & Disassembly Guides

#16 Post by Jonas_Salk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Thank you for these helpful resources!

Zeliard
United States of America

#17 Post by Zeliard » Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 am

So turns out that Century just slapped TTC on both Romanian and Polish Toks (and, it seems, mixed some parts). Have added proper WZ 33 links for the Polish pistols. Also added another link for the TTC and info about Vietnam's K14-VN K54 (Type 54) upgrade. Very, very little info about those, sorry.
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#18 Post by 72 usmc » Mon May 04, 2020 8:01 pm

T 33 Two nice disassembly & assembly videos, done slow and really shows what is going on. MosinVirus on U tube :arrow: In this video I completely disassemble or detail strip Tokarev TT-33 pistol. The only things I don't remove in this video are the Rear Sight and the Barrel Link.
A photo of a firing pin is shown below, care should be taken when removing the split pin.

Disassembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUiGwYcfdkA

Assembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OOr7WXlCw
Last edited by 72 usmc on Fri May 15, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#19 Post by 72 usmc » Thu May 14, 2020 10:18 am

Here is The Yugo M57 that's got a tricky firing pin that'll fly across the room if you do not use a rag or bag to stop it as you remove the retainer (keeper). Lose the small parts and it will cost you. Those pins are $$. USE EXTREME CARE SO YOU DO NOT LOSE THE FIRING PIN PARTS "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson" M57 Quote of the day...
I would love to find a firing pin, springs, retainer and firing pin stop for a Yugo M57. Please reply with whatever you may have or if you know where I may be able to find these parts. Fleabay does not have any. I was able to find the pin online but not the other parts. Please help me turn this paper weight back into the pistol I know it could be.
The M57 firing pin parts that generally fly away are the short retainer spring and the Extension, some lose the retainer. In any event, it is approximately a $50-60 adventure to find a pin assembly replacement. Few offer just the individual pieces for sale. The firing pin spring generally holds/stays onto the firing pin and is large so it's easily found. But the other two pieces are tiny, and can never be found. It is best to use a large heavy plastic bag just in case the little sucker gets away on you. :oops:
IMG_2818.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg
IMG_2813.jpg
IMG_2814.jpg
IMG_2816.jpg

MarshalZhukov Yugo M57 Presentation First Time Cleaning of a Cosmo Milsurp Firearm. The firing pin is almost glued in on the newly arrived M57. It must be cleaned. BUT DO NOT LET IT FLY OUT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGehSsBN_vU

M57 firing Pin special:
Yugoslavian M57 Tokarev - Review and Firing Pin Removal
MrYetimode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNRtzYkjL0E

For a contrast watch this video, The T33 firing pin is very different from the Yugo M57 .
The Mosin Minute - Episode 124: Replacing the Firing Pin on the Romanian Tokarev TTC (TT 33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb_iWCzLVvY

Now if you are a picture & written instruction kind of person :arrow: :lol: This is good on the M57, it shows the entire take down and good attention to that firing pin. This web page has tons of information on the M57 Serbia Zastava M57A
https://sites.google.com/site/yugoslavi ... ield-strip
Last edited by 72 usmc on Fri May 15, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#20 Post by 72 usmc » Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm

As a contrast here is a view of a normal T33 Tokarev firing pin- no parts to lose. Only the split pin can get battered and replacements are easy to obtained. Some use a cut nail, solid pin from Ace, or a roll pin as replacements.

Upgraded, carbon steel, hardened replacement pins can run from $10-25 for a single pin :doh:
s-l1600-1.jpg
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.57.05 PM.png

Zeliard
United States of America

#21 Post by Zeliard » Tue May 19, 2020 11:13 pm

Good info, thanks! :)
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Return to “Russian Pistols”