Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Yugoslavian M 57 Tokarev Pistol Crests A-P

Yugo, Romanian etc.
72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Yugoslavian M 57 Tokarev Pistol Crests A-P

#61 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Two More pics of an example of a military Yugo magazine with markings;
IMG_3502.jpg
IMG_3503.jpg
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#62 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:20 am

It seems Classic may have found more of the Glock like trigger Yugo toks????
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.16.42 AM.png

link https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-tt ... rplus-9rd/

so sweet.
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.21.50 AM.png
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

vmog23
United States of America

#63 Post by vmog23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi everyone I'm new here and I just jumped on a M57 but I'm trying to gauge a the year it would have been made. It has the C prefix but it is stamped with 97 under the retaining clip and has no crest on the slide. I have attached a few pictures and any help would be appreciated. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

luigi
United States of America

#64 Post by luigi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 am

I have had this M57 for a while w/ a F196XXX S/N. I believe it is 1963 birth year.
It has the "crappy" add-on safety. It has a nice feel and shoots very well.
Attachments
2JpCplU.jpg

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#65 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi everyone I'm new here and I just jumped on a M57 but I'm trying to gauge a the year it would have been made. It has the C prefix but it is stamped with 97 under the retaining clip and has no crest on the slide.

Not a 1965, military used Tok. More recent and a great shooter due to a mint barrel.The only better ones are the former military ones with the GlocK trigger safety that can be converted back to no safety.
Your sterile slide, M57 is a 1997 date. It has a 1990s C serial with civilian marked parts. see page 4 about the middle of the page. These generally are like new condition. See the lower link in the quote from page 4 :
Edit Report Quote
Post by 72 usmc » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:54 am

Looks like a M75 A Yugo civilian model with non military grips that have the later Zastava-Arms Company marked grips. You see the a large C and smaller Z inside a circle trade mark of the Zastava company with a production date of 93 for 1993. The M75 A came in original 7.62x25 while a similar looking model the M70A came in 9mm. Magazines may be sterile- no markings lacking a electro number and base loop. There may be a small electro inscribed Z on parts and some had a small electro inscribed circle with a C and z trade mark at the base of the pistol. These pistols had the military features removed: Mag loop, lanyard loop on the pistol, no Yugo crest, and non military, unnumbered matching magazines. This is a newer, non military version to sell. Generally these are mint, NIB, never used pistols. They have a C serial number & no crest. Some came chromed- the Zastava factory adapted so they could sell as many as possible to make money. see this link : viewto ... 3&start=15

They are always changing the safety and markings as time goes on. I think 92/93 was a change over former military production to civilian production- so a lot of odd ball attributes are observed. It should be a nice pistol to fire. What do the inside markings on the parts look like. Be sure to clean the little guy- some have cosmo goo inside the firing pin chamber which is a dog to take down without parts jumping all over. Look for filings and rough machining on these-safety may hang up and need a little polish. Trigger will be gritty, with a hard pull also needs some polishing of the assy. Grips may have plastic shavings under the edges. Lub the trigger assy inside and safety mech. It depends on who made it, some are machined very nicely like the military pistols, others look like a drunk made them showing lots of milling marks. Yours seems to have a nice finish and it may be the same on the inside milling details. Yours has the newer barrel stamp and the 93 date.

:arrow: Your is similar to mine dated 92 that I got from Todd at family and is shown in detail on pages 2-3. Please take a look. It has more military features, but they are very similar. If possible, when you take yours down, please show the parts markings so others can see how different or similar each of our 1990s dated, non crested pistols are. Both have a C serial #. Mine still has the military grips and loop. My Trigger/hammer assy. has some rough maching like it came from a different source. It was also marked odd with a set of initials? Our exterior finish on each pistol is very well done- perfection. My frame machining is also nicely done. However, my electro penciled parts assy. number appears to have been ground off and my matching number rewritten. Like the frame number by the ejection port was done for another pistol or written down incorrectly on the first attempt. The slide to frame fit is smooth. Always grease the rails. More pictures of you pistols details would be great for others to see on such a similar example, if possible, PLEASE :pray: show how each part is marked. Thank You.
Here are the commercial markings found on post 1982 M57 commercial parts. Source is article in below link:
https://oruzjeonline.com/2018/09/30/jug ... tolju-m57/
English translation version :

vmog23
United States of America

#66 Post by vmog23 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 am

72 usmc wrote:
Hi everyone I'm new here and I just jumped on a M57 but I'm trying to gauge a the year it would have been made. It has the C prefix but it is stamped with 97 under the retaining clip and has no crest on the slide.

Not a 1965, military used Tok. More recent and a great shooter due to a mint barrel.The only better ones are the former military ones with the GlocK trigger safety that can be converted back to no safety.
Your sterile slide, M57 is a 1997 date. It has a 1990s C serial with civilian marked parts. see page 4 about the middle of the page. These generally are like new condition. See the lower link in the quote from page 4 :
Edit Report Quote
Post by 72 usmc » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:54 am

Looks like a M75 A Yugo civilian model with non military grips that have the later Zastava-Arms Company marked grips. You see the a large C and smaller Z inside a circle trade mark of the Zastava company with a production date of 93 for 1993. The M75 A came in original 7.62x25 while a similar looking model the M70A came in 9mm. Magazines may be sterile- no markings lacking a electro number and base loop. There may be a small electro inscribed Z on parts and some had a small electro inscribed circle with a C and z trade mark at the base of the pistol. These pistols had the military features removed: Mag loop, lanyard loop on the pistol, no Yugo crest, and non military, unnumbered matching magazines. This is a newer, non military version to sell. Generally these are mint, NIB, never used pistols. They have a C serial number & no crest. Some came chromed- the Zastava factory adapted so they could sell as many as possible to make money. see this link : viewto ... 3&start=15

They are always changing the safety and markings as time goes on. I think 92/93 was a change over former military production to civilian production- so a lot of odd ball attributes are observed. It should be a nice pistol to fire. What do the inside markings on the parts look like. Be sure to clean the little guy- some have cosmo goo inside the firing pin chamber which is a dog to take down without parts jumping all over. Look for filings and rough machining on these-safety may hang up and need a little polish. Trigger will be gritty, with a hard pull also needs some polishing of the assy. Grips may have plastic shavings under the edges. Lub the trigger assy inside and safety mech. It depends on who made it, some are machined very nicely like the military pistols, others look like a drunk made them showing lots of milling marks. Yours seems to have a nice finish and it may be the same on the inside milling details. Yours has the newer barrel stamp and the 93 date.

:arrow: Your is similar to mine dated 92 that I got from Todd at family and is shown in detail on pages 2-3. Please take a look. It has more military features, but they are very similar. If possible, when you take yours down, please show the parts markings so others can see how different or similar each of our 1990s dated, non crested pistols are. Both have a C serial #. Mine still has the military grips and loop. My Trigger/hammer assy. has some rough maching like it came from a different source. It was also marked odd with a set of initials? Our exterior finish on each pistol is very well done- perfection. My frame machining is also nicely done. However, my electro penciled parts assy. number appears to have been ground off and my matching number rewritten. Like the frame number by the ejection port was done for another pistol or written down incorrectly on the first attempt. The slide to frame fit is smooth. Always grease the rails. More pictures of you pistols details would be great for others to see on such a similar example, if possible, PLEASE :pray: show how each part is marked. Thank You.
Here are the commercial markings found on post 1982 M57 commercial parts. Source is article in below link:
English translation version :

I had a suspicion that it was a late 90's but wanted to make sure. Now all I have to so is put some rounds through it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Return to “Combloc Pistols”