Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

1961 East German Makarov

Yugo, Romanian etc.
vonalt
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: 1961 East German Makarov

#16 Post by vonalt » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:13 pm

The Makarov was the first gun I ever collected, prices back in the mid-1990s were ridiculously cheap. I could get 3 for the price one Bulgarian Makarov goes for now and LVC green box ammo you could get for $3.50 a box. I put thousands of rounds through my early ones. It was great shooting centerfire rounds at .22 prices. But unfortunately, those days are long gone. Think the crown jewel was acquiring a Makarov armorer's parts kit for next to nothing. I have seen them since going for close to $800 recently. Sure miss the old days.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#17 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:20 pm

back then all mil-surplus firearms were cheap, cheap, cheap. that is how I acquired all my mil-surplus firearms, pistols and rifle .

the one gun that nobody wanted back them was the nagant pistol. dealer at the gun show said he can't even sell them at his cost, as people though they were a novelty gun and not collectable. over a few months, 4 months or so, I bought a examples of a TULA, ISHVESK and Czarist one (1916) for around 40 dollars each.

in 1995 I bought a very nice and "clean" ITHACA USGI 1911A1, for 400 bucks. bought it as a retirement present to myself when I retired from the Army that year, and still have it. :)

COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Pricate
United States of America

#18 Post by Pricate » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:56 am

Very nice Ithaca 1911. Yes, prices back then were much nicer on the wallet. I started collecting back in 1998, just at the tail end of that. I bought my first Mosin M44 (which was a Romanian 1953) I had no idea it was a 9 out of 10 for rarity). Now days, I have seen stander M-44’s for up to $500 at gun shows. Just absolutely ludicrous! Thanks for sharing your story. 😁

Return to “Combloc Pistols”