Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

STAR Model 30M

cwo4uscgret
United States of America

STAR Model 30M

#1 Post by cwo4uscgret » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Two weeks ago there was a thread over on Coltforums.com about the Colt venture of bringing in Spanish STAR Model 30M 9mm pistols and marking them with the Colt logo. There were maybe 10 or so made with the Colt name on it; a rare bird indeed.

The next day I stopped at my local gun shop and lo and behold - a like new, minty STAR Model 30M! Sadly, not Colt marked!

The STAR 30M is a SA/DA 15 round hi-cap 9mm pistol; it was submitted in competition with the Beretta 92 and other pistols as a replacement for the Government 1911A1 but obviously, lost. The 30M (and MK, ML - lightweights) were used for a while by the Spanish Guardia Civil, Navy, and Air Force.

It has "reversed" rails like the CZ-75, the French M1935A and B, and the SIG (Swiss) P-210. Like the SIG, the Model 1935, and the Tokarov, the fire control system (hammer, spring, etc) is removable. I've been in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio but am back home now so I can see a range trip this week for this gun.

And here's some photos for you:

Last edited by cwo4uscgret on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polock
United States of America

Re: STAR Model 30M

#2 Post by Polock » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm

The 30M is a great gun--built like a tank and well made.
Truth in Advertising--- I'm a fan of Spanish steel, especially Star and Astra. Sad day when they went out of business--
Enjoy your new pistol!
"I have never seen a situation so desperate that the arrival of a policeman did not make worse"
Brendan Behan, Irish poet

Return to “Spanish/S. American Pistols”