Yup, new guy here with a CZ70 question...

mattw

Yup, new guy here with a CZ70 question...

Post by mattw »

I have a CZ70 that I really like, except for the DA trigger and the chamber... I have not purchased a factory round in 15+ years, I cast for all of my guns or sometimes use jacketed bullets. The CZ70 and it CIP chamber drive me nuts, there is no leade at all and it is very tough to fit a cast bullet and maintain length needed by the magazine. I have been using the Lyman 311252, but must seat the full driving band set into the case otherwise it will jam in the rifling and is not hand extractable. I had a cutdown Lee mould that was about perfect, dropped at 81 grains and fed will. But, the cutdown process did not leave enough metal for the sprue plate screw and it finally failed.

BTW, the CZ70 is about 85% blue and is not importer marked. Very good SA trigger and is just plain fun!

Have any of you ran into this before? If so, is there a gunsmith that has the proper reamer to fix the leade on the chamber?

Below are the bullets I run in this gun... Armscor, Hornady, Lee 81 and Lyman 311252. You can see the front band on the 311252 must be set pretty deep to work properly.
32 bullets.jpg
32 bullets.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Yes, new to the forum and am looking forward to reading and catching up here.

Matt

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yup, new guy here with a CZ70 question...

Post by Rapidrob »

I use a taper crimp on my reloaded cast bullets with no issues.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

mattw

Post by mattw »

Yes, I taper crimp as well. But, my chamber goes from chamber to rifled with no real freebore, so the right bullet must be seated all the way to the edge of the front driving band. I am faced with the top chamber in this drawing to the extreme. All of them fit and function in my Kel-Tec, including a SWC that is not pictured.
32 chamber2.jpg
The following all chamber fine except the last one due to the front driving band.
32 loads.jpg
32 loads.jpg (30.01 KiB) Viewed 1452 times

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rapidrob »

I don't know what to say, I have both the CZ50 and the 70 pistols and have no issues shooting cast bullets.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “Czech Pistols”