Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My $99 CZ-52

KneverKnew
United States of America

My $99 CZ-52

#1 Post by KneverKnew » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:43 am

Bought this years ago for $99. I'm sure my "changes" will peeve some die hard collectors, but hey, it's my gun. :)
Didn't like the bakelite grips, so I made some from walnut.

I've done extensive load testing with this pistol over the years and for what it is, it is fairly accurate.
As can be seen in one picture, the locking rollers have worn spots in the lower frame. Does this wear seem excessive?
I was wondering if stoning down the rough spots would be okay, or would that change lock up somehow?

EdHoffer
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
United States of America

Re: My $99 CZ-52

#2 Post by EdHoffer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Many of us have changed out grips and no problem one clip old grips back on and its original.

As to the question of stoning it down personally I would be skeptical but I would probably first put some dye on it to find out how much wear you're actually getting.

Stoning it down would give a cosmetic look which would degrade price. Mine were purchased when they 100 bucks more or less as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

KneverKnew
United States of America

Re: My $99 CZ-52

#3 Post by KneverKnew » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:10 pm

I guess my main question is do the wear marks look excessive? Or is this common for most CZ 52’s?

Return to “Czech Pistols”