Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

CIA u fix em CZ70

kabic
United States of America

CIA u fix em CZ70

#1 Post by kabic » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:58 am

Hello, my first post on the new forum. Does anybody have any information on the CIA u fix em CZ70?

I let my C&R expire so I can't even see the price. Send me a PM if you are not comfortable posting the price.

I was thinking if these were a deal I may get 2 or 3.

EdHoffer
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
United States of America

Re: CIA u fix em CZ70

#2 Post by EdHoffer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:28 pm

kabic wrote:Hello, my first post on the new forum. Does anybody have any information on the CIA u fix em CZ70?

I let my C&R expire so I can't even see the price. Send me a PM if you are not comfortable posting the price.

I was thinking if these were a deal I may get 2 or 3.
I'm on vacation. I also let my C&R expire, but Don't believe they are candr, other than my cell can't. Look it up. I got mine through an 01.

VIA u fix ems...m you pray you have enough parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 pm

My old computer from 2004 does not even open their site, but many moons ago CAI u fixems were a pot luck thing. Something nice where a grip might be cracked to a slight amount of surface rust in a barrel to a total piece of junk mainly for spare parts. At todays prices for parts they most likely cost more to repair then buying an average condition CAI "good " which is not very good :doh: to "Very good condition". There prices are no longer give aways.
Since you are in WI, I think you would do better at the Fond Du Lac gun show on the 20 and 21 of Jan. It is the largest in the state. Last show was a hord of surplus goodies. I came to sell off shooters ,and ended up buying more collectors stuff.
see this for dates and time. For deals be there on Sat at 0700, I will be the 3-4th in line and it opens at 0800. Only $5 to get in. :clap:

comments on last show see: http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... show#p7129
Show was crazy rich in surplus goodies. Just what, well how about the deal of the show--- a Mas 36 for $85 Snapped that up in the first 10 min with bayonet and sling, my P14 in original stock no import marks, cut volley sights, but mint barrel and great headspace for $500 and finally, I was out of money . So I had to do a trade for a dou 45 Israeli 7.62 conversion mauser with winter trigger for a trade of my scrubbed vz 24- both headspace and had great bores. The "7.62" is stamped above the dos 45, it is import marked on the barrel not receiver- the bolt actually matches from the rebuild. Lots of other great prices and some down right high crazy prices like $400 on a stinking Yugo mauser. So if you are in WI, best go to it on Sunday, also lots of surplus pistols. Bring lots of cash-- all mine is gone. But that P14 was the last rifle I wanted to actually own and shoot.

I missed a SMLE complete with volley sights and cut off, with some sort of odd bolt addition/all original no import marks with sling at $500, a $800 rifle and the guy that got it was delighted.
For the Mosin and Turk mauser nuts yes but at $165-200, lots of helmets and bayonets but prices seemed high to me.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by RWS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:01 am

Ed is right; the CZ70 is NOT C&R eligible so you will have to go through a 01 dealer. Its predecessor, the CZ50, IS C&R eligible though.

I highly recommend that you find a source of CZ70 parts for sale before proceeding. Otherwise it's just a study in frustration and a waste of money, IMHO. The last one of these fixer-uppers I did ended up costing me more (after purchasing needed parts) than a good used complete one would have cost. I can only recommend it if you want to practice your gunsmithing skills or are an inveterate and compulsive tinkerer.

-Bob

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:18 am

I looked it up. For a complete functioning used CZ 70 prices are J& G CAI VG $249, Classic VG $229, Buds gun shop CAI Fair $189. Can not view CAI direct. And the above are correct its FFL only so you got $25 or more shipping, FFL transfer fee per pistol $25-80, and WI background search cost $10-19. Just go to the show, :shifty: :arrow: there a many dealers with pistols and you can see what you are getting- no surprise. And you get a complete pistol. They call it in and the cost is worked into the pistol. No waiting period in WI- that was done away with. I bet a few will be on the dealer tables, not sure if any would be private sale it looks kind of new, not like a nice old tok or USGI 45. There are over 400 tables and it takes an hour and a half to cover the entire show if you go down all the rows and side rooms actually looking to see what is one each table. If you are within a 2 hour drive of Fond du lac its a great show to attend. :dance:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Czech Pistols”