Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Vz52's

Keiths
United States of America

Vz52's

#1 Post by Keiths » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:06 pm

Are people buying them much right now? I bought a couple of them as trading stock years ago and don't hear much about them anymore.

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

Re: Vz52's

#2 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Classic had them a while back for a ridiculous price (650?) and then a while later some with cracked stocks for 399. I haven't seen them around at the online vendors since and only see them on gunbroker.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

EdHoffer
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by EdHoffer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:30 pm

are we talking about the same 52, or Keiths talking pistol and OldGrouchy talking about the rifle? Inquiring minds are confused.

I haven't been following the dealers much in the last few years, but when my collection was pretty much complete and I was broke, the major supply had dwindled to nill. If someone has been keeping up with whats available, please add to this topic.

Keiths
United States of America

#4 Post by Keiths » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 pm

I was talking about the pistols.

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

#5 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 pm

do you mean CZ 52? I bought a couple of those a few years ago (still have em) but only see them for sale on gun broker from time to time for about 300 give or take.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

ffuries
United States of America

#6 Post by ffuries » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:56 pm

I paid $250.00 for mine last year. It came with two magazines, the holster, cleaning rod, lanyard, instruction book and 100 rounds of ammunition.
Last edited by ffuries on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

72 usmc
United States of America

#7 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am

see http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display. ... icles=3169

The Czech 1950s pistol (1952-1954) is in 7.62x25 tok ammo and will fire the hot Cezch 7.62 . It is a heavy duty pistol, but its weak spot is the firing pin which can crack if dry fired too much. Also on some the decocker did not function. It has a larger grip for big hands, I like the Russian Tok better for its thin profile. But do not shoot the hot Czech Tok ammo in a regular tokarev too much. Its hot and really hammers the pistol. I still see these Czech 52s at gun shows for $300-375 just for the pistol. Generally a well use one. One with a holster and some Czech ammo was priced at $450. It was mint, original finish, and dated 1952. I think originally they were $199. Some have the original finish, others have an arsenal redone finish. At todays prices, ffuries really found a deal of the year. :dance: :clap: :doh:
Its always good to see when the old vets get a deal.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

scoobysnacker
United States of America

#8 Post by scoobysnacker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 pm

I remember when these were cheaper than Tokarevs (which seem to remain cheap). I also remember them having a reputation for being stronger than the Toks, but then that Clark guy came online with dozens of posts detailing how he pushed the guns to destruction, and that the Toks stood up better.

There seemed to be a lot of acrimony about it, but as far as I could tell, there seemed to be 2 opposing camps: one side said the CZ 52 was stronger, and cited the roller mechanism as why; and Clark said the Tokarev was stronger, and his reasoning was that the Tok had a thicker barrel at critical points (and correlated by hands-on testing).

I have a Tok, and wouldn't mind a CZ 52 since I have an affection for the brand (and own CZ 27, 75 and 82).

Return to “Czech Pistols”