Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Identify CZ 50

Nevada Hudson
Mauritania

Identify CZ 50

#1 Post by Nevada Hudson » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Trying to figure out what year my CZ 50 was manufactured. Serial #73158x I substituted the x for the last number. The barrel as seen through ejection port has the same serial number. There is a "T" in a circle right in front of the serial number. It has the solid hammer, and no date or crest around the loaded chamber indicator or on the other side. The top of the slide is smooth, same on the front of the trigger.
On the safety side of the pistol it says; CZSKA ZBROJOVKA-PRAHA; with 7.65 circled in front of the serial number .
Below the slide on the same side :?: and above the trigger guard is says; MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA. Oh, there is the number NB 52 on the front of the grip below the trigger guard. Does that mean made in 1952?

Any ideas?

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Identify CZ 50

#2 Post by Rapidrob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:18 am

The marking means it was accepted by the National Security Service 1952. One would assume that it was also the year the pistol was made as well. Mine are marked NB 50 and 52.
"Narodni Bezpecnost is shorter name for Sbor Narodni Bezpecnosti that was in then Czechoslovakia equivalent of a Police(Security) Force .Sbor is like Corps ,I guess for lack of better words.
Together with the Border Guard (Pohranicni Straz) and some others fell under the Interior ministry (ministerstvo vnitra) unlike Army(CSLA) that was under the ministry of defence(MNO)." ( from gunboards)

These pistols and the CZ70 series, are outstanding all steel pistols that are very well made. Accuracy is darn right scary at 50 yards. My wife now carries a CZ50 instead of a SIG as she says it will shoot rings around the SIG and the pistol points much better in her hands. I've seen her shoot silver dollar sized 20 shot groups at 25 yards ( my reloads).
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Nevada Hudson
Mauritania

Re: Identify CZ 50

#3 Post by Nevada Hudson » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Return to “Czech Pistols”