Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Ruby Paramount

Les Révolvers et Pistolets de Militaires Français, Mle.1873, 1892, 1935, Unique, Ruby, et alia
Tidewater_Kid
United States of America

Ruby Paramount

#1 Post by Tidewater_Kid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 pm

About 10 years ago a seller at a gun show gave me a ziplock bag with pistol parts in it. I was purchasing a bunch of other parts from him and he said, "Maybe you can do something with this." I brought it home and it was missing a bunch of parts. Fast forward a couple of years ago and I attempted to start tracking down parts. The only thing I was able to find was the grips. Not in the best shape, but matched the rest of the pistol pretty well. Never could find correct grip screws. This summer I decided I could make the parts I needed and lucked into a couple of items on eBay. I made the firing pin, firing pin stop screw, hammer guide (top and bottom) and grip screws. A few weeks ago, I took it to the range and fired several mags through it. To my surprise it worked fine. The only issue was the magazine would occasionally back out. I made a few changes in the mag catch that I think will fix that. Still missing the lanyard ring. May have to make that too.

Anyway here are some pictures.

TK
Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
Preserve Historic Artifacts for Future Generations: Collect Firearms

Zeliard
United States of America

Re: Ruby Paramount

#2 Post by Zeliard » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Very cool!

Here's a thread with a bit more info (you've probably already read through it), seems like several companies were involved in making these.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... =Paramount
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Tidewater_Kid
United States of America

#3 Post by Tidewater_Kid » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 pm

Thanks!

Yes I read everything I could find for information. Met a guy at a gun show in June and he had a wonderful collection of Ruby pistols. This was his Paramount. Much nicer that mine!
Attachments
IMG_2170.JPG

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#4 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:58 pm

This is my old warhorse of a Ruby. It has the French QC twin star marks down by the magazine as well as the rivet to prevent the gun going off in the holster. The grips did clean up with some soap. Took her out a few weeks ago and my buddy loved it over a good deal of modern stuff. You can't beat the all steel construction. Also, what a fine example of gun manufacturing during a time of war with all its shortcuts to produce something cheap and lethal, but barely safe.

Best Regards,

Mark
Attachments
pix951789754.jpg

Tidewater_Kid
United States of America

#5 Post by Tidewater_Kid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Very nice. I have gained a great deal of respect for these.

I like shooting mine.

TK

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

#6 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 pm

I haven't bothered to actually examine if it is accurate yet. We were happy with it going bang.

Best Regards,

Mark

Return to “French Pistols”