Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Load For 8mm Lebel Revolver

Les Révolvers et Pistolets de Militaires Français, Mle.1873, 1892, 1935, Unique, Ruby, et alia
SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

Load For 8mm Lebel Revolver

#1 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:11 pm

I had two squibs using Graf's .330 diameter FMJ bullets using 3.1 grains of Unique powder so I upped the charge to 3.5-3.7 grains and it shot fine today. I used 32-20 Winchester cases with the rim trimmed to spec and the case shortened to spec along with the inside diameter of the brass expanded to spec. I cycled 20 rounds through the revolver without a hitch, so I would say the load works. Sorry, no range report with a picture of a plastered target, but maybe next time. I was just happy to be rid of squibs. Further more, I found the pistol a true joy to shoot as it was.

Mechanically I did notice that it doesn't lock up/line up until you pull the trigger all the way back. It definitely is not a Smith and Wesson, but its sights are rather advanced for their date of manufacture.

Best Regards,

Mark

Return to “French Pistols”