Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My new FN 1922

jimfeld
United States of America

My new FN 1922

#1 Post by jimfeld » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm

So I just purchased my first FN 1922 and it's got quite the interesting history as I can see.

It is a Nazi Occupation pistol for Wehrmacht use that seems to have been used by the Berlin polizie post war. Has the Wa140 waffenempts (although hard to see) and one of the Eagle and Swastika proofs. The others have been removed or stamped over with the Berlin Polizie star.

It's all matching and non-import marked. The bore looks brand new as well as the rest of the internals. Unfortunately though, I believe the pistol was stored in a holster for quite a while as the exterior is somewhat pitted. The slide is somewhat loose on the frame but I've read a few posts stating this is common.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase and I think I got it for a reasonable price considering the condition. Now for the pics:

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWIHARTMARK
United States of America

Re: My new FN 1922

#2 Post by SWIHARTMARK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Get yourself some PRVI or GECO 32acp from nearby AIMSURPLUS in Monroe and you are all set. Got myself a commercial version. Going for a 1910 next?

Best Regards,

Mark

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: My new FN 1922

#3 Post by Rapidrob » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:50 pm

They are great pistols. So well designed ASTRA copied the locking system.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “Belgian Pistols”