Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

and then there were 3!

cwo4uscgret
United States of America

and then there were 3!

#1 Post by cwo4uscgret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Every once in a while David Rachwel's website handgunsoftheworld.com has some nice, affordable handguns for sale. I've bought a few guns from him; reasonable prices and good condition guns are a dangerous combination! I've always liked the Mauser Model 1914 7.65 mm and the Mauser HSc also chambered in 7.65 mm.

One his website I found a Mauser 1914, made sometime between 1921 - 1928; price was right; $375, condition excellent. I haven't shot this one yet but will take it and the HSc to the range soon.

I found the WWII HSc locally and paid what I thought was a fair price. These pistols were used by the Army, Navy, Luftwaffe, and German Police. I didn't know anything about them until I brought mine home and started researching it. What I've leaned is mine was made in December, 1941; it is marked (on the left trigger guard with a "L" with an Eagle over it. Surprise, surprise, it is one of approximately 28,000 made for the German Police. Luck of the draw I guess!

Although I haven't taken pictures yet last weekend was a local gun show; I traded a revolver for another Mauser HSc; this one is made from primarily French parts and assembled by Mauser in Germany. This one is chambered in .380; no pictures of it yet. I took it to the range and shot two magazines through it; while not real harsh this little .380 blowback design recoils with authority!

indy1919a4
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: and then there were 3!

#2 Post by indy1919a4 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:15 pm

I have always love the pistols, rifles, volkswagens etc that the French made in Occupied Germany.. So how can you tell they are French Parts..??

cwo4uscgret
United States of America

Re: and then there were 3!

#3 Post by cwo4uscgret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Indy - so says the Unblinkingeye...

Return to “German Pistols”