Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Mauser 1914

scoobysnacker
United States of America

Mauser 1914

#1 Post by scoobysnacker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Just grabbed this off gunbroker, $200 + shipping and FFL.

Looks to be in good condition, numbers match from what I can find... frame, slide, barrel, and several small parts. Nothing on the magazine.
Somebody painted the front sight red, it doesn't bother me so I think I'll leave it alone. I seem to be missing the right grip screw (I say "seem", because I've seen another picture of one this vintage, and that one doesn't have one either).

My FFL is also my range, so after checking the gun out, I shot a couple of mags through it. PPU and Fiocchi; both fire without issue. Seems pretty accurate, and easy to shoot.

scoobysnacker
United States of America

Re: Mauser 1914

#2 Post by scoobysnacker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Don't know much of anything about these, I just wanted to add another old .32 to the collection. Serial is 159991, so from what I can tell, it's pretty early (WWI vintage). It has a proof stamp in front of the rear sight, I've read that means it was issued to military. (?)

Here's what I have found out so far- from the following website http://www.ai4fr.com/main/page_militari ... _1914.html
1914 model, this variation was manufactured between 1914 to 1923 with a serial number range between 13500 to 296000. This variation will be found with a single line slide stamping on the left side. Late models will not have the Mauser Banner on the left side plate. Some time around serial number 162,500 the right side of the slide is stamped “Mauser 7.65”. Around serial number 277,000 the milled panel on the frame was discontinued.
I didn't take a picture of it yet, but I have no caliber markings, no markings at all on the right side.
I do have the milled panel on the right side of the frame.
I do have the Mauser banner on the sideplate.

3 stamps behind the rear sight, one in front of it. Serials match on frame, slide, barrel, inside the trigger guard, and on several small internal pieces inside the gun.

Return to “German Pistols”