http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:51 am 

If you have ever wanted one of your post made into a sticky, here is your chance.

We could use a post that covers the different models of Turkish rifle. 1893's 1903's, K.kales and others, or a combo of models.
These post will need to have good pic's and good info to help members ID their rifles and learn more about them.
I have lots of pic's and can take more, if you need them for your post.

If you have any questions, just ask.

I do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Ill get some posts for the m1890,Berthier Forestry Carbine, and 88/05/35 if I get time.I have photos already I just need to do a write up on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:31 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Candyman, what would you like us to do when weve finished the write ups? Post the in the forums or send them to you to repost in the correct area?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:56 pm 

I would say, just pm them to me. Then I could review them with the auther prior to the aurther posting them.

The reason for making these stickies is to make the Turkish Mauser forum, here at SRF, a place where people can come when looking for info. There are some good sights out there but not many, and some have not been updated for some time.
We have knowledgeabl members here and I know that ya'll can do a great job making the Turk forum a place for people to come.

I do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:03 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

PM will be on the way in a few minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:34 pm 

tater134 wrote:
PM will be on the way in a few minutes.

I got your PM and the post is great. Go ahead and post it and I will make it a sticky.

Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:36 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Just posted it.Ill get to work on more posts when I get time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am 

So far we have two new stickies. one by tater134 and the other by Phantomrig. =D> These stickies will be be locked so that they don't become long and drawn out. They wil remain at the top of the forum so that members and visitors can use then for information when trying to ID their rifle or just trying to learn more about them.

We have a member working on a sticky for Turkish Bayonets. This will not be an easy task, but will make a great sticky that will be of great use.

If anyone else would like to creat a sticky, just contact me and we can get the ball rolling.

Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Candyman I would be willing to do one on the Czech 98/22 used by the Turks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 pm 

That sounds great.
I don't have one in my collection so, I don't have any pic's. I am sure that there are some members that have one and would be more then happy to get you some pic's for your post.

Semper Fi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

candyman I should be getting one in the next few weeks so I can use that one for some pics. In the meantime I will look for other pictures and info.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:35 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Great idea! Hopefully now we'll see a decrease in the amount of "what kind of Turk do I have" posts. Turks are still fairly new to the collectors world seeing as how it was only 5 years ago they flooded the market at dirt cheap prices ($40 bucks a rifle). As they slowly become harder to find and more people are getting their hands on any that have yet to find good homes, I am sure somebody out there will come up with a book aimed specifically at Turks. At least I hope.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 am 

Gunfreak25 wrote:
Turks are still fairly new to the collectors world seeing as how it was only 5 years ago they flooded the market at dirt cheap prices ($40 bucks a rifle).

Only 5 years ago?
I remember about 12 years ago they were selling for 4 for $100. I wish I had bought some back then.

Semper Fi

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Hey Candyman,
I was thinking of doing a post on the hole in the buttstock that's for doing a bolt tear down. What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:48 am 

celt1314 wrote:
Hey Candyman,
I was thinking of doing a post on the hole in the buttstock that's for doing a bolt tear down. What do you think?

That is common on Mauser rifles of many types. What I am looking for are topics specific to Turkish rifles. Such as specific models of rifles, bayonets and markings.

Semper Fi