Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Tulle M1840 musket

Les Fusils Semi-Automatiques Militaires Français, Mle.1917,MAS 44, 49, 49/56 et FAMAS
Surpcollector
United States of America

Tulle M1840 musket

#1 Post by Surpcollector » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi there, new guy here..have a musket (or was) I'd like the experts to look at. This example was brought out of an attic in Watkinsville Ga. As you can see, it has been altered into a possible hunting piece. Probably done after the War of Northern Aggression. I understand that the Union, not the Confederacy, imported and used a fair number of these, so I'm assuming this one may have been captured or found on the field somewhere.
What I'm curious about is two things..1, is there a possibility this gun has a Crimean War connection (used in that conflict then sold to the US) and 2, I'm very curious about the marking on the left of the barrel right along the woodline. It looks like an 'e' inside a wreath, and something else to the right of it. I have looked all over for this marking in books and on the net, however I cannot find anything like it.
Hope to hear some thoughts/opinions soon! Thanks in advance.
Attachments
1029182109a.jpg
1018181444.jpg
1018181440.jpg
1019181814.jpg

Return to “French Rifles”