Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Galil Clone

schmedly
United States of America

Galil Clone

#1 Post by schmedly » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 pm

My century Goloni ( Galil clone ) It came from century but has been a good rifle for me . i did polish the feed ramp and reset one of the roll pins but for 1/3 the money of an IWI Galil I am a happy camper ! That rifle has several things going for it , 35 round mags in steel and the best triger of any of my black rifles . It also has a very nice folding stock that locks up tight with no play . It is now wearing a single point sling that makes much handyer . it is a little heavy due to it milled reciever .
Attachments
SUNP0026.JPG
DSCN0021.JPG
DSCN0016.JPG
DSCN0018.JPG

M67
Slovenia

Re: Galil Clone

#2 Post by M67 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:22 am

Nice rifle.
Question?
Why the IDF abandoned these guns and replaced them with M16, mostly with the M4?
When I was in Israel a decade ago, I saw just the M4 and M16A2 and very rarely some old M1 Carbine. I did not see any Galil. Tavor in that time has not been widely operational.
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

schmedly
United States of America

Re: Galil Clone

#3 Post by schmedly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:37 pm

The US Government gave the IDF a BUNCH of M16 rifles around the time that the Galil was being fielded . It came down to money , they got the M16 for way less than they could build the galil . The Galil was put into service for veh. crews and anyone needing a small rifle ( folding stock ) as a back up .
Attachments
DSCN0021.JPG

Return to “Soviet-Russian Influenced Rifles”