Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Vz 52 Disassembly (Combined Posts)

VZOR 52, 52/57 & 58
Zeliard
United States of America

Vz 52 Disassembly (Combined Posts)

#1 Post by Zeliard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 am

I've combined Skunk's post and jardows's page links here so that all of the disassembly instructions are in one place.

Originally posted by Jardows.

Basic disassembly instructions for the Czech VZ52 rifle

Disassembly of the trigger housing on the VZ-52 rifle

Originally posted by Skunk.

Here's what we start with. I use two punches, roughly size 1/8 and 3/32 (or 2.4mm). The 3/32" is used for taking the firing pin retaining pin out and the 1/8" is what I use for depressing the bayonet-button, but a bullet could be used or just about anything, even a pencil if you so desired.

Remove the magazine by pressing the magazine release forward.

Double check that the chamber is empty.

Cock the gun and turn on the safety. Pictured is the safety on. (back = ON, forward = off).

Slide the receiver cover forward until it is off the track and lift until it can extend without going back onto the track. Be careful, the recoil spring is under considerable pressure. Make sure you have a good grip on the cover.

Line up the notch on the bolt carrier and the overhang on the rail. Lift the left side up, over the rail; pull the bolt to the left, freeing the right side from the rail. The bolt is removed now.

The bolt, under the bolt carrier.

Slide the bolt back and lift the front. While lifting the front, push forward. The bolt will slide out from the bolt carrier.

To remove the spring-loaded thingamagig **Ejector, it's the ejector!** (you need to get it out to take the firing pin out), press the ejector forward with a punch/pin/screwdriver/whatever until the broad portion is out of the track as shown.

While still compressing the ejector's spring, turn it 90 degrees or so.

Slowly let the compression off and remove the thingamagig/ejector!. Viola.

To remove the firing pin retaining pin, use a ~3/32" punch and make sure to remove it from THIS side. One side is wider than the other. Keep a finger over the end opposite the firing pin hole. The firing pin spring isn't too strong, but it's still a ~$20 firing pin and a ~$10 dollar spring.

To remove the handguard, keep the bayonet button depressed and slide the retainer forward. Pictured is the retainer under my finger and the button being pressed with the pin.

Pinch the handguard retaining spring buttons in. While doing this, gently wiggle the handguard free. Remove the handguard. You should be able to remove the barreled action by now, but if not, remove the recoil block screw that is shown.

Progress so far.

Remove the "op rod" or whatever you'd like to call it by holding it and pushing backward. After pushed back enough, lift up so as to remove it from the gas system.

In order to remove the trigger assembly, notice this little tab on the trigger guard. The trigger guard must be released so that it can rotate on its pin (or removed completely), allowing the trigger assembly to slide, no longer blocked by this tab.

Pictured is the tab on the back of the trigger assembly. Gently as possible, lift the trigger guard from the notch. I suggest a punch perpendicular used as a bar to push it outward and lift, but you can also just pry it off.

Pull the trigger assembly forward and lift it up/off.

COMPLETE!Congratulations! :)

To reassemble, do the exact opposite in most cases. Specific pictures for help on odd bits is contained below.

Make sure this is how the recoil block looks when you reinstall it. For some reason, I got this wrong several times at first. Needless to say, something felt a little "off" :lol:

When reinstalling the firing pin, align the line in the bolt with the line in the firing pin. This lines up the notch for the retaining pin on the firing pin with the retaining pin. Be aware that you will be depressing the firing pin while installing the retaining pin!

A major frustration for Vz52 reassembly is reinstalling the recoil spring. Pictured is half of how I do it. It requires two hands, so needless to say, I couldn't really get a picture of it :lol: . It involves doing as the picture shows, but then the second hand makes a fist between the bolt carrier and the guide-rod, around the recoil spring. This keeps the spring straight so you can drive the guide-rod through the spring and into the bolt carrier. Quickly return the guide-rod to its hole in the back of the receiver (2nd picture). DO NOT TRY AND ATTACH THE RECEIVER COVER WHILE DOING THIS!Leave the guide-rod and spring as shown. There's enough room at the end of the rod that you can easily pull it out out a fraction and slip the cover over the end (see the third picture to see how it'll look after sliding on). Make sure the cover is attached behind the wide section of the guide-rod.

After getting the cover over the guide rod, slide the cover forward using the grips, depress it so that it goes back onto the rails, and careful let the spring relax. You should end up with what's shown.

Sorry if I butchered part names, I'm VERY new to semis and the Czech '52, and I'm also sorry if something's messed up. I took the pictures last week and just assembled them from memory today, now at college. Needless to say, I can't go pick mine up and double check the steps :lol: . Hopefully this is helpful to someone!
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Return to “Czech Rifles”