http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M95M Safety Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:42 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Hello all! I'm looking into buying an M95M in the near term and am trying to do my research on the rifles. There appears to be a lot of conflicting opinions out there about whether the rifles are safe to fire with commercial 8mm Mauser; the argument I see most is that the original 8x50R and 8x56R has a lower pressure than the 8mm Mauser. Is there any truth behind this? I appreciate the help!

Also, what's the going rate for a M95M in decent condition with extractor and magazine clip going for these days? Is $450 too much? Should I say forget buying such a finicky and breakage prone rifle and concentrate on something else?

Post subject: Re: M95M Safety Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

If it is numbers matching and not sanded or refinished with a good bore that is not a bad price.

I fire full power ammo in mine without a problem, and as long as you feed cartridges from the magazine your extractor should be fine.

Interesting rifles

Best regards
Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Shop around, I recall seeing them for less. I don't think they are worth that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:56 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Thanks for the help guys! The stock appears to be original and unsanded; it has a fair bit of dings and a gouge in the front handguard. Aside from that the bore is good and the numbers are matching as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:46 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Ok if all numbers match, good bore, clip, extractor, etc. that seems fair.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:14 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Mid.
I noticed that all of the replies did not answer your question about using 8mm Mauser ammo in the M95. The M95 is not chambered for the 8mm Mauser round. They are different and not interchangeable. Do not attempt to fire 8mm Mauser in the M95 in 8X56.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:24 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:think: :think: :think:
:shock: It is a converted to 8mm M95M ,not the normal M95 carbine that is converted to 8x56R from 8x50R. see
http://candrsenal.com/rifle-yugoslavian ... and-m9524/

Most do not fire these as shooters because if the extractor cracks, it's a wall hanger. A few shots OK , but heavy shooting :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: .Also the bolt is modified and a special clip is attached inside to load 8mm mauser. Low pressure commercial 8mm should be fine. But I do not know for sure. Turk 8mm is too stout, so do not fire that stuff. Normal Remington 8mm Mauser is weak and you can down load it if you have concerns. I never wanted one of these 8mm odd balls -- the 8x50 original is crazy enough for me. Most of the M95M carbines have missing or broken extractors.
So be sure the internal clip is present and that the extractor is not cracked, chipped, or broken. It is almost imposible to find a replacment. You buy another complete rifle. :lol: And be SURE you only load it from the internal clip/magazine. If you try to put a round in the throat than close the bolt it may/most likely break the extractor off.

If you like to shoot 8mm just get a nice K98 or cheep Turk Mauser. A better straight pull would be the K31. You want stout, :clap: :clap: :clap: :idea: :arrow: get a Russian Mosin M38 or M44 , or :idea: :idea: a real mule kicker :arrow: a French Berthier carbine- a short carbine with on big cartridge-8x50r lebel. A Real KaBOOM

:twocents-twocents: Me thinkest there are better rifles as shooters to spend $400 that is burning a hole in my pocket.
Go to a gun show, look around for a deal and read up on surplus rifles.
Reading & research.... , do not be in a hurry to buy, maybe see this old post with book recommendations and suggestions when buying:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=144064&hilit=+buying+first+rifle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:43 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

72 usmc wrote:
:think: :think: :think:
:shock: It is a converted to 8mm M95M ,not the normal M95 carbine that is converted to 8x56R from 8x50R. see
http://candrsenal.com/rifle-yugoslavian ... and-m9524/

Most do not fire these as shooters because if the extractor cracks, it's a wall hanger. A few shots OK , but heavy shooting :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: .Also the bolt is modified and a special clip is attached inside to load 8mm mauser. Low pressure commercial 8mm should be fine. But I do not know for sure. Turk 8mm is too stout, so do not fire that stuff. Normal Remington 8mm Mauser is weak and you can down load it if you have concerns. I never wanted one of these 8mm odd balls -- the 8x50 original is crazy enough for me. Most of the M95M carbines have missing or broken extractors.
So be sure the internal clip is present and that the extractor is not cracked, chipped, or broken. It is almost imposible to find a replacment. You buy another complete rifle. :lol: And be SURE you only load it from the internal clip/magazine. If you try to put a round in the throat than close the bolt it may/most likely break the extractor off.

If you like to shoot 8mm just get a nice K98 or cheep Turk Mauser. A better straight pull would be the K31. You want stout, :clap: :clap: :clap: :idea: :arrow: get a Russian Mosin M38 or M44 , or :idea: :idea: a real mule kicker :arrow: a French Berthier carbine- a short carbine with on big cartridge-8x50r lebel. A Real KaBOOM

:twocents-twocents: Me thinkest there are better rifles as shooters to spend $400 that is burning a hole in my pocket.
Go to a gun show, look around for a deal and read up on surplus rifles.
Reading & research.... , do not be in a hurry to buy, maybe see this old post with book recommendations and suggestions when buying:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=144064&hilit=+buying+first+rifle

72 USMC, yes its a converted rifle by the yugos. I was wondering at how well they are for continuous shooting but that lack of parts availability and fragility has me concerned. I've already got a K31 which as you said kicks pretty hard, lol. I was looking at the M95M because I want a straight pull in a caliber I already have (8x57 Mauser) in order to consolidate my ammo stocks. Maybe I'll hold off till I can find a nice Ross since I already have a few .303s. A Berthier is on the eventually list but I'm trying to hold off on more oddball calibers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:46 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Maybe branch out into the assortment of Mausers :think: You want a mule kick-- get a Jungle carbine in .303 :lol: :lol: My favorite rifle, but now they seem to be around 450-600 :o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:32 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I haven't heard of these rifles being particularly breakage prone IF you don't single feed them and break the extractor. I've only had mine out the one time, with 80's Yugo ammo, but I must have put a hundred or so rounds down range without a hiccup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

If you feed from the mag as intended it should be as reliable as an m95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:34 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Does anyone have any info on fabricating a clip for a 95m that is missing its internal clip?

'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:36 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

vblue42 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on fabricating a clip for a 95m that is missing its internal clip?

I've seen a thread on here about someone entertaining the idea. I haven't read it through, so don't know if they have been successful.