Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Hello everyone :)

New Members, introduce yourself and make yourself feel welcome.
JaxxyFur
United States of America

Hello everyone :)

#1 Post by JaxxyFur » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Hello everyone. My names Austin. I used to have an account here ages ago but since then I've lost the password for the old account with no real desire to get it back. So figured, hey why not start fresh.

I look forward to browsing through all the topics as I love surplus things mostly because they always seem to have a bit of history and life to them. That and I love things that are rocking the vintage furniture XD.

I own a few guns myself but hope to expand to some new ones. Hopefully the next one being an Atlantic arms sa 58 or PTR 91 I would be interested in a c308 Sporter, only because my local gun shop has one in stock just gathering dust. Problem is it's a century arms XD name speaks for itself.

Looking forward to chatting with you all :)

Jax

nothernug
United States of America

Re: Hello everyone :)

#2 Post by nothernug » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Howdy Jaxxyfur. I am a recent returnee myself and under the same name though I still had to register as new. I think they had a problem where a lot of stuff got lost. When I checked, only 2 of a considerable number of posts including some stickies remained.

I too am fascinated by the history carried by many of these arms (and history did not come to a halt in 1945!).

Below is (from top) ; a shell or grenade fragment embedded in 24/47 stock forearm. Next is a divot from the barrel from the frag in the stock. Third down is a divot from the front sight ring.
Last two are a Yugoslav M59/66A1 sks, last is a close up of it's stock with graffiti and a bullet scar! If only these could talk! The fragment is most likely from a grenage, thrown or rifle launched- The Yugoslavs were fond of them, or it could be a light mortar fragment.
The Sks scar is lined at the bottom and fits the nose of a 7.62-39 bullet's tip perfectly!
Both of these weapons probably got their scars during the civil wars resulting from the break up of the fRY, (former Republic of Yugoslavia). The sks' ring patter forms a simple cross suggesting it may have been used by Croatian forces. Anyway, there's some stuff for your welcoming!
:D
24-47 shell frag 2.jpg
shell or grenade fragment embedded in 24/47 stock forearm
24-47 shell frag battle pock close up.jpg
battle divot from fragment in stock
24-47 shell frag battle pock close up.jpg (39.21 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
24-47 shell frag battle damage front sight ring.jpg
battle divot in front sight ring
59-66A1 graffiti R01.jpg
M59/66A1 Yugoslav sks w/graffiti & bullet scar
59-66A1 graffiti butt stock R.jpg
graffiti & bullet scar
Strange; We are asked not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics but, we are encouraged to judge all GUN OWNERS by the actions of a few lunatics. :think:

JaxxyFur
United States of America

#3 Post by JaxxyFur » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:08 am

Hey thanks for the warm welcome! glad ya made it back on too! yeah this site doesn't nearly have as many posts as before. half the time i wonder if its still active but i always get a reply too which i want to apologize for the late reply in getting back to you. X)

Thanks for the pics and the stories that is fascinating about the history your guns have! i used to have a yugo m24/47 Mauser myself. so i know what your talking about they've seen quite the history themselves. mine was a re-matched one. its original parts weren't the same numbers but it was re stamped and reissued in gosh im not quite sure coulda been 1957 if i remember right, for service :D ill get you a pic when i can find it. :D

Weffol
Spain

#4 Post by Weffol » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 am

Hello! I am new here, nice to meet everyone. Anyone from Europe here? I am writing you from my property in Italy https://tranio.com/italy/ and soon I will go to France. Anyone want to meet in real life?

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#5 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:39 pm

Hi Austin. Welcome back.
Nothemug, welcome. You might be interested in a recent issue of Firearm News, they have a piece on battle damaged rifles.
And Weffol, hello and welcome. Nice looking place. Not likely to make it to Europe, but if you are ever near Orlando... :)
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

RJC
United States of America

#6 Post by RJC » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 am

Hello everyone. I look forward to participating in this forum and learn much from all of you.

Return to “Meet and Greet”