Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Greetings

New Members, introduce yourself and make yourself feel welcome.
kraigwy
United States of America

Greetings

#1 Post by kraigwy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:26 am

I thought I was a member of this forum, but I guess I wasn't, or either that, its been so long since I've visited I became deactivated.

Regardless I'm please to be accepted and I'll assume I'm a newby.

I'm retired. 20 years with the Anchorage Police Dept. and 25 years military, Regular Army and National Guard (AK ARNG) I've got a bit of experience using vintage rifles having taught sniper schools for the Guard using M1C/Ds and M21s. Went to sniper school using the M21.

Shot competition, Hight Power Mostly but since getting my DR Badge, I've move more to shooting Vintage Military Rifles. Shooting the CMP GSM matches and became a CMP Master Instructor conducting CMP GSM Clinics and Matches.

I shoot my rifles. At 70 I'm not concerned about future collectors values. I wont sell them anyway. There are a few exceptions, but most of my collection is US Military Rifles, I have a version of all the standard issue rifle from the first cart. rifle, Springfield Trapdoor 45-70 through the M4. Granted the later ones are civilian versions such as my M1A instead of the M14, SP1 instead of the M16A1, and the A2 & M4 are also semi versions. I also have the original (not repo) bayonets for each (excluding my M1903A4).

So there you have it, I'm here to meet others with similar hobbies, hope to learn more, and gain the knowledge to extend my collection to foreign weapons, and maybe start working my way back to the muzzle loading US Military Rifles/Muskets. I plan to keep it up and expand as long as I'm on the flower side of dandelions, quitting with I'm on the root side.

ffuries
United States of America

Re: Greetings

#2 Post by ffuries » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:00 pm

There was a change of ownership and something else dealing with the servers, so everything was pretty much lost. So someone spent some serious time rebuilding the site, and thus it required everyone to rejoin the site.

So that said welcomed back!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

luigi
United States of America

#3 Post by luigi » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Welcome Back!

steamer
United States of America

#4 Post by steamer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes, welcome (back) to SRF - we've all started fresh again so this is a great time to jump in and get some conversations and pictures going. Sounds like you have a nice USGI collection. I keep thinking that I should have a Krag - what year is yours (since you said you had one of each)?

GleemSaller
United States of America

#5 Post by GleemSaller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 am

Welcome back! Cheers!

Return to “Meet and Greet”