http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please make sure your age and location are updated in your profile before posting here.

Please read our guidelines and rules: viewtopic.php?f=256&t=112859
DO NOT POST MEMBER FOR SALE AD'S HERE - Use the For Sale section if you have 10 posts

Post subject: 1941 Tula 91/30 ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

I'm no expert and have never seen one but that "1" in the year looks a little suspect to me . What do you think ?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =329681158

Post subject: Re: 1941 Tula 91/30 ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

O.M.G. He did not even "try" to make it look like the same font as the first "one". #-o Even if it was correct it would not be worth half that much. Pre War stock wouldn't be right either, I believe. :think:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

All of the 1941 Tulas that I have seen will have the last number 1 in a different font.

The "Tula Star", the numbers "194", and the abbreviation "No." are roll stamped onto the barrel shank. The last numeral of the date and the serial number are hand stamped with dies. I believe that this practice began with the beginning of the M91/30 model production in the early 1930's.

Best example that I can give from my collection would be on this Finn captured 1938 Tula M91/30. Notice how the "8" in the date is much more deeply struck than the "193"

The generic-type roll stamping did not seem to be prevalent on the 1932 and earlier Dragoons, nor on the 1943 and 1944 Tula shanks.

So, I can't call this one counterfeit. But rather, usual. Then, we'll have to wait to see if someone will pay the BIG price for a rare item.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Its legit.
Its worth half of the current bid(Around $700 is what its at now)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

martin08 wrote:
All of the 1941 Tulas that I have seen will have the last number 1 in a different font.

The "Tula Star", the numbers "194", and the abbreviation "No." are roll stamped onto the barrel shank. The last numeral of the date and the serial number are hand stamped with dies. I believe that this practice began with the beginning of the M91/30 model production in the early 1930's.

Best example that I can give from my collection would be on this Finn captured 1938 Tula M91/30. Notice how the "8" in the date is much more deeply struck than the "193"

[img]

The generic-type roll stamping did not seem to be prevalent on the 1932 and earlier Dragoons, nor on the 1943 and 1944 Tula shanks.

So, I can't call this one counterfeit. But rather, usual. Then, we'll have to wait to see if someone will pay the BIG price for a rare item.

My 1938 and 1939 Tula are all more deeply struck on the last digit on the year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I have had 3 in the last year. Two had the last number stamped that way and the one I kept had the last two digits stamped that way. I have never had it apart to see if it is a Tula receiver or not. I sold one last week for $300 and the other for $250 to a very good friend.