It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:00 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Russianblood

Senior Moderator
1/05/05 at 10:47 PM

Jamie has posted a new section on the Turkish Mauser. It was so needed! Thanks Jamie:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/mauserturkish/index.asp

jlm

Surplusrifle.com Owner
1/21/05 at 12:46 AM

Thank you sir!

dysfunctional_university

Mil-Surp Owner
6/23/05 at 04:10 AM

I love the PDF files on surplusrifle.com and use them often. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later though.... I do not see how to do somthing!!!

How does the floor plate latch come appart on a military Turk Mauser? I kicked out the pin with a drift punch, and got it to drop down a bit, but not out. Not sure if it is jammed up by the spring or what. Do not see any info in the disassembly instructions other then how to get the floor plate off (that is jammed up too, any ideas? Was thinking putting a little heat on it, but the last time I did that I got myself in trouble!!!)

jjk308

Mil-Surp Owner
7/15/05 at 06:33 AM

I think you need 3 hands to get the floorplate off - soak in penetrating oil, keep pin pushed in, and whack plate back with rawhide or hard rubber hammer, brass punch if that doesn't work.

I note that the disassembly directions use the wussy clamp method of getting the front band/nosecap off. I prefer to use the he-man method; lean the top of the barrel against a workbench, stick a loooong screwdriver into the juncture of spring and band, depressing the spring and prying up the band.

tiger13

Mil-Surp Owner
10/06/05 at 03:51 PM

can anyone tell me how to get the nose cap off my M38? there are no spring clamps like on the rear barrel band, I'm stumped!! I'm afraid if I gorilla iyt much more I'm gonna break the stock, HELP please!

Russianblood

Senior Moderator
10/06/05 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger13
can anyone tell me how to get the nose cap off my M38? there are no spring clamps like on the rear barrel band, I'm stumped!! I'm afraid if I gorilla iyt much more I'm gonna break the stock, HELP please!

There is a latch at the end of the metal bar on the bottom of the forestock that holds the nosecap on. You need to depress the bar just in front of the nosecap to release it.

Follow the link above for step by step directions. (They can be found in the right column of the page)

tiger13

Mil-Surp Owner
10/06/05 at 06:20 PM

Thank you very much, it is aprt now finally! thanks again