http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:12 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Picked this up off another forum last week. Matching numbers on receiver, stock and bolt, the only numbers I see.
Not import marked, bore looks new, the whole thing seems about unissued condition. I've got two of the Persian 98/29 long rifles, this one is much cruder overall than the Czech guns. Trigger pull is very heavy, bolt operation is not very smooth.
I did put about 20rounds of cast bullet handloads through it today, and it shot pretty well despite the trigger and the very short sight radius.
I don't see these very much, so was pretty happy to find this one.
Any info anyone would care to share would be appreciated.

Attachments:
018.JPG
018.JPG [ 549.78 KiB | Viewed 2195 times ]
028.JPG
028.JPG [ 601.28 KiB | Viewed 2195 times ]
017.JPG
017.JPG [ 723.63 KiB | Viewed 2195 times ]
023.JPG
023.JPG [ 506.05 KiB | Viewed 2195 times ]
016.JPG
016.JPG [ 334.46 KiB | Viewed 2195 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:25 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Well look at you ,buying a carbine. =D> That one is in fantastic shape. Great find. Thanks for sharing the pics. :mrgreen: :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:21 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Really pretty! These were made in Iran, then? I've never seen one in person, sweet!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Nice looking Rifle, Just a beautiful crest...

Hey a question, How is the wood between the barrel band and the barrel, does that wood seem smooth or a little uneven..???

I ask only in that I have seen 2 and they had both had wood in that area that seemed rougher then the wood on the rest of the rifle...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:41 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Very nice carbine - I like it a lot!! :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:46 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. RLEVM is teasing me, because I usually like the longer rifles, carbines not so much...
This one I had to have when I saw it, I've never seen one in real life, and only a few ever for sale on the internet. My understanding is that this is the Persian made version of the prewar mod 30 carbine made in Czechoslovakia for Persia.

Quote:
How is the wood between the barrel band and the barrel, does that wood seem smooth or a little uneven..???

Can you clarify that question, the wood between where? I'm home sick with a cold today, and my head feels like it's underwater.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:02 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

wrench wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. RLEVM is teasing me, because I usually like the longer rifles, carbines not so much...
This one I had to have when I saw it, I've never seen one in real life, and only a few ever for sale on the internet. My understanding is that this is the Persian made version of the prewar mod 30 carbine made in Czechoslovakia for Persia.

Quote:
How is the wood between the barrel band and the barrel, does that wood seem smooth or a little uneven..???

Can you clarify that question, the wood between where? I'm home sick with a cold today, and my head feels like it's underwater.

Sorry you are under the weather and for the unclear question. Thought I had asked the question better, obviously not..

I am talking about the small part of wood that is between barrel band to the bayonet band. The two I had handled the wood just seemed uneven not as smooth as the rest of the stock.. Now I am not suggesting you would get splinters from it.. But it felt noticeable.

Hope you are feeling better..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Thanks for the clarification, and I'm feeling much better today :D

I would say that the feel of the wood in that area is just about the same as the rest of the stock...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:42 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

wrench wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, and I'm feeling much better today :D

I would say that the feel of the wood in that area is just about the same as the rest of the stock...

Many thanks for taking the time to look.