http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

First, Thank you to Forum Members that have helped me before in another thread on this Persian.
Do not know how to read the date (.97 x do-I-read-it-right 1317 + 622, ??) and not sure but suspect it to be Czech/ZB manufacture.

Looked on IslamicFinder, etc. but I cannot decipher the date and manufacture on this 98/29.

Thank you !

Attachments:
Persian.rcvr.Date.jpg
Persian.rcvr.Date.jpg [ 94.97 KiB | Viewed 3645 times ]
Persian.rcvr.Rt.Side.jpg
Persian.rcvr.Rt.Side.jpg [ 90.45 KiB | Viewed 3645 times ]
Persian.Buttstock Rt.jpg
Persian.Buttstock Rt.jpg [ 104.29 KiB | Viewed 3645 times ]

Simo Hayha
Белая смерть - Belaya Smert - White Death

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Your Rifle is a Brno, from the 1317 Persian date (1938-39) contract. The right side number is 17, which corresponds to 38-39 depending on the month. Wonderfully well crafted rifles. I have one from the 1309 (1930-31) contract which appears to have been manufactured in 1934.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:39 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Congrats on the Brno. I have one from Samco, from back in the day. It's in the white. I left it like that.

In the mid-east they like them in the white for some reason.

I have found it's a darn accurate rifle. With that long bayo I just put the target on the end of that long blade and hang on out there on a tree to shoot at (just kidding).

They are generally in excellent shape. The Shah back in day had them soldier fellers march up and down the square holding them rifles wearing white gloves! They saw relatively little action before being changed out for more modern firearms. BRNO's are the epitome of Mausers and Old World craftsmanship!

They have stories, legends about them Persian Mausers.

They say one person put a bullet down the barrel of another rifle at a distance using a Persian. While I think that is allegory, it sure does make for a good story!

Enjoy your Persian..it's my favorite Mauser..I like em even better than my K-98's, 24/47's, 24's, M 48's etc.

It is the Mauser to measure all others by!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:48 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I know this is an old post. Just saw a Persian Mauser at a local shop in my area..... same condition as pictured without a bayo and sling.
The shop owner wanted $600 for this rifle?? :think: :think: What is the going rate for this Mauser???