http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recent Classic M39's?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Does anyone have word on recent m39's from Classic? I really have an itching for another M39 but don't want a turd like they were sending out initially...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:34 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I got some from Classic.

Earlier his year I bought a VKT (non handpick) and it had some rust spots on it. It was still worth what I paid. It is a nice rifle. I usually never get the handpick because its usually a waste of money but that time it would have paid off.

I bought a SAKO handpick from Classic after that and it was beautiful. My advice , if its one of the cheaper M39's get the handpick because they are getting down to the bottom of the barrel I think.

This month I also bought one of the sneaks (no handpick) 1969 date and it was immaculate. If its one of the pricey M39s you get to see on the videos I think you can dispense with the handpick. I don't even think they have handpicks on the pricey ones.

There have been some for sale on this board lately (I bought a SkY and a B Barrel this month) and they were great and better priced than classic. Keep an eye on the for sale section here.

The story I hear on these M39's is All the M39's Classic had came from Pat Burns who bought the whole arsenal lock stock and barrel from Finland back in the day. The scuttlebutt is the Burns family signed some kind of agreement they cannot sell any M39's for several years after selling them to the resellers. The Burns may have held some back. May be a lot, may be a little, maybe none. Nobody knows for sure.

Anyone else hear this?

Anyway my spurious opinion is that the cat is out of the bag on the M39's. The price will never go down as most of them are in private hands now. They are a great investment.

If you want detailed pix of any of the ones I bought from Classic let me know what you want and I will post them up. I'm no Ansell Adams but Ill try to do my best for you. :D . .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:22 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

andyman91 wrote:
Does anyone have word on recent m39's from Classic? I really have an itching for another M39 but don't want a turd like they were sending out initially...

I got a M39 VKT (no handpick) from Classic this September and it's a beautiful rifle all number matching with imperial eagle...

MOLON LABE!...

C.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:28 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I'd spend the extra few bucks and buy one off gunbroker or gunboards. Better to spend a few bucks and know exactly what you're getting. Just my personal opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I got two in the last year. Both are very nice and I want more!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

[quote]The scuttlebutt is the Burns family signed some kind of agreement they cannot sell any M39's for several years after selling them to the resellers. The Burns may have held some back. May be a lot, may be a little, maybe none. Nobody knows for sure.

Anyone else hear this?[quote]

This scuttlebutt would appear to be inaccurate since the Burns's have been selling 3-4 M39's a week on Gunbroker since right after the big sale to Classic. They appear to have retained all the ones with antique receivers as well as some Tikka's and B barrels.