http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm 

I do more house cleaning in the Mosin forum then the other four forum sections I run here at SRF. :doh:
So this post is to help you post you topics in the correct section and what happens when you don't.

First off this is a Collector's forum for collector topics. We have a few sections on the forum for non collector topics.
The Mosin forum has 7 sections.

#1 Rifles
This is where you post about rifles (collector topics)
#2 Carbines
This is where you post about Carbines (collector topics)
#3 Accurizing the Mosin Nagant
This is where you talk about the things you do to your rifle to make it shoot better. These topics can go outside the collector scope, but not too far.
#4 Snipers & Restoring Ex-Snipers
This is where you post about your snipers, original or repros (must stay within collector topics)
#5 Finnish Rifles/Carbines all Models
This is where you post anything Finn. This can even cover rifles other then Mosins.
#6 Russian/Finnish Reference Stickies
This it where Reference Stickies go. It is not for new topics, only the ones that are stickies. If you wish to put together a topic for this section, contact me.
#7 New Topics
This section is listed below the other topics. This is where all general questions go.
If you want to post about sporters or making a sporter we have a section on the forum for that. Don't post them in the Mosin forum. They will be moved.
viewforum.php?f=82

If you do post in the wrong section, it will be moved to the correction section. When I do move a topic, I try to send a PM to the OP to let him know that the topic has been moved.
Be polite in your posting.

I do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Semper Fi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:49 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

But what if I have a carbine that used to be a rifle like a 91/59 or a cut-down M38!!!!???

I think we need clearer sections :^o

Actually, Candyman, the labels are pretty clear. I don't know what's so difficult about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:03 pm 
NOTED :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:03 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

savageno4 wrote:
But what if I have a carbine that used to be a rifle like a 91/59 or a cut-down M38!!!!???

Actually, Candyman, the labels are pretty clear. I don't know what's so difficult about it.

That would be a carbine, no?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:04 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

oldironsights wrote:
savageno4 wrote:

That would be a carbine, no?

I was being facetious. And yeah, it would be a carbine :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:18 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

What about my 9130 in a M38 stock, with finnish marks and a hungarian butt plate? Refurbed 1989? You should see the scope!
:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Remus1956 wrote:
What about my 9130 in a M38 stock, with finnish marks and a hungarian butt plate? Refurbed 1989? You should see the scope!

The scope is supposed to go on _top_ of the gun.

1903 RIA sporter
E4-Lion-39 VZ-24
1952 Hun M44
to be continued...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:28 pm 

Remus1956 wrote:

You would post it here.
viewforum.php?f=82
I move 5 to 10 post a week so, it seems that some members do get a little confused as to where to post.
I'm glad that y'all are having a little fun with this post. I didn't make it to come down on anyone, just to help those that have a little trouble or, are just new to Mosins.

I do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Semper Fi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:39 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

While you're housecleaning- can you PLEASE move the "Some Finnish M91 History" sticky out of the carbine section :D :thumb:

That distracts me every time I see it! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 am 

Trailblazer wrote:
While you're housecleaning- can you PLEASE move the "Some Finnish M91 History" sticky out of the carbine section :D :thumb:

That distracts me every time I see it! :lol:

Done.
This also helps. If you see a Mosin topic in the wrong section, send me a PM with a link to the post and I will move it to the proper section.

Semper Fi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Personally, I believe they should all be combined in the parent forum. The fact that you are doing more house cleaning here than any other forum supports this.

Reference stickies, Accurizing and Snipers may be the best exceptions.

Just my 2¢