Springfield Armory M1 Carbine, Blowback CO2 .177cal BB Rifle

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic

Re: Springfield Armory M1 Carbine, Blowback CO2 .177cal BB Rifle

Post by 72 usmc »

IT is time for PA's Dennis Adler to do a review of the wood version and show some details of the woods quality. He also needs to inform people of the magazine problems and possible fixes. He does reviews it seems only to sell... not to show problems and fixes. Sort of useless, he needs to be honest in his reviews and not a peddler. I wonder if another manufacture will produce a working, accurate, reproduction with original sights and markings??? Then the Springfield garbage can be discontinued for an improved version- maybe a collectable like the KWC -Combat vet , NRA or WWII collectors 45 auto that actually functions. Basically a Tanfoglio Witness 45 auto with better markings & higher price. Keep the special ones in a box and shoot a Tanfoglio for fun. That is a working BB pistol. Now we need a carbine :dance: :doh: :think: :think:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic

Post by 72 usmc »

So this is why you use caution on the purchase of the M1 Springfield BB gun. Time & use of sold items has provided a years record. After 30 days your broken magazine or faulty air valve leaves you with a non functioning BB gun. Yep, you can buy another faulty magazine for 40 bucks and get another 30 days of shooting fun. That is, if the mag does not go bad out of the box.
A sad fact. As suspected, with use, the magazine fails premature and you are left with $200 of plastic junk.
Review the questions at air gun web pages on this model: Example Pyramid Air-an honest company, but they can not continue to send out free mags on a defective model :roll: :arrow:
leo from USA asked:
Is there a way to open the mag I have a few broken ones I want to try to fix
Mark from USA:
You can replace the magazine follower. We do not repair them.
Gabriel from USA asked:
My gun has gone fully auto also it has Dumped the Co2 in one shot And the magazine valve seems to stick. Has anyone encountered this and if so can the valve in the magazine be replaced?
Mark from USA:
The magazine should be replaced. You have a 30 day warranty. There are no parts at this time.
andrew from USA asked:
I have had two magazines for the M1 carbine fail. Gun is out of warranty. Has anyone found the latest replacements to be better? Hesitant to order another at this time.
Mark from USA:
We have follower replacements. We have not received a updated magazine at this time.
James from USA asked:
Is it possible to attach an M1 Carbine scope mount (frame mounted)?
Mark from USA:
The gun is very close to the original dimensions. We have not tried to fit a firearm scope mount on the M1. It may not fit. Airgun actions are very different than firearms.
Peter from USA asked:
Has anyone encountered an issue where the magazine follower broke? I need to use a small tool to hold back the follower so that I can load it. The cheap plastic component the only negative issue about this rifle.
Steven from USA:
I had both of mine break, but since I'm out of the 90 day warranty period, I'm out of luck.
Mark from USA:
E-mail Pyramyd Air. We can send you a replacement follower.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic

Post by 72 usmc »

The follower can be replaced on the magazine. The Metal part is now available rather than cheep plastic. . But with seals coming out, cracking, and bad air valves- you are done. Damage the mag during disassembly & repair- you are done On any new magazine and air valve, you must use a drop or two of pellgun oil or RWS lubrication silicon oil (better) or for the first use. Better yet in a new air gun use a ASG lubrication CO2 cartridge for the insides of the air system. Most air guns arrive dry. It is best to grease & lub the working parts for smooth action and longer life. Also there is no video or review on how to rebuild the magazine- something you would think PA would offer- nope. They do not want to advertise the fact that this model is bad news and do not offer spare parts like a seal kit, mag pins, air valve or follower, only the follower is available if you beg PA. A repair/rebuild kit should be offered since it is such a piece of garbage, but yet so essential to fire a working BB gun. A 30 day warranty is a joke :naughty:

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic

Post by 72 usmc »

This post & photos was restored 24 June 2020 and 4 pages saved to the Wayback Machine archive.

Return to “Military Semi-Automatic Rifles General Topics”