http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 888 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:54 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

This is a place for new members to check in, to introduce themselves and tell us of their interests.

Let us know a little about their rifle collection and a small Bio about themselves and where they come from.

Welcome all newbies!

Last edited by ZTex on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hi, I am a newby member. I am not sure if I am a collector. Just found out I had a older rifle and had some questions. I can post Pic's later. I showed my Dad's old 30 06 to a friend. He said "let's look up these markings". Found out the Barrel and trigger bolt and such is a T99 Series 31 toyo kogo. The stock and rear sight how ever are not. The gun store man said it was worthless. I was wondering if I should replace the stock or what. If I do I plan on keeping it reconditioned. Not sure what to do. If it is not worthless then I will be come a true member.

Last edited by lefty6083 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I suppose this thread will get flooded with 22,618+ members posting in it now :lol: I just didn't want to be the first one, especially in a thread 5 years old :?

Hi, fairly new to here, fairly new to collecting. Mostly bolt actions, but I did pick up an M1A Super Match the other day, just because it seemed like the thing to do and it was there :shifty: I suppose I'll have to get more semi-autos now :D

I started collecting by buying myself a Mosin Nagant M44 on by birthday, Dec 7th, and now have somewhere between 30-40 rifles. I don't have a problem, do I? :whistle:

Last edited by PAcanis on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:04 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

add me to the noob list! I like to buy, shoot and restore milsurps, though I don't think I have enought room for a collection....I've bought a few milsurps in the last 6 months, Simonov SKS, Tula 91/30, K31, adding an Enfield P14 to my list very soon.... New to the world of milsurps, enjoying this forum and my new hobby....though there are some repairs around the house that have been neglected as a result!

cheers, Marc
:thumb:

Carl Jung

Last edited by samsplacci on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:31 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post some pics of your "families"

:)

Last edited by dynachrome on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hey Everyone, just stumbled onto your forum, read a few things and from what I read and the manner of the posters, I decieded to join up. I got the mil-surp bug a couple of years ago, and my symptoms are getting worse and worse. I have more Swiss stuff then anything else, but I have a CMP M1 Garand on the way in the next few weeks, that I am really excited about. Anyway, thanks for having me.

Boone

Last edited by Boone on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

welcome Boone. you are gonna love the M1!!! I have 3. i'd have more, but i spent the exrta money on ammo... :D

Last edited by Charles Lipscomb on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:32 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thanks for the warm welcome Charles. Ya, I can't wait for my M1 Garand, I got the DBU email a few days ago about 3 weeks after sending in all my info. Guess they are swamped with tax return orders, and just my luck, thats when I place my order for a Service Grade S.A. I didn't ask for anything special like low WW2 numbers, I'm rolling the dice and I like the idea of "you get what you get". I also ordered a couple of cans of loose HXP from the CMP and from MidwayUSA a adjustable gas plug(on sale) for messing with reloads in the future. Thanks again Charles, maybe I'll post something in the forum when I get it.

Boone

Last edited by Boone on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:33 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

both of my cmp sg's were luck of the draw. I didn't ask for anything special. But what i did get was great!!! the first was a toole rebuilt in 1-66 , ( the month and year of my birh), with a 7-65 barrel. I was probably the first guy to shoot it outside the cmp. the second was a march 45 with org barrel, lockbar sights and a sa gaw marked stock. way cool.
goood luck, i'm sure you'll be happy with what you get...

Last edited by Charles Lipscomb on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

OK so if I use this one (post) here I'll tell you a "little bit" about what I "might have" Some M1 Garands, Mosin 91/30s, Winchester Pre64 Model 70 in .30-06 of course, 1903A3, 1911A1s, SKS's, some Mausers, to name a few. I'm not to this craft, just ended having to jump into this forum because of the wealth of INTELL I could gather and possibly, provide to you folks.

I'm retired Navy of 22yrs, I spent about 9 of those in the middle east, doing things that "needed" to be done. I got tired and decided it was time to move on. Yes I was ENLISTED. Now I'm "staying proficient" and enjoying my retirement, however I didn't know that retirement was going to involve this much work. Remodeling 2 houses, the farm, orchard, etc. At least I built myself a 200yd range so I can walk out my door and fill the "lead mine". Now I'm planning on selling and supervising the next build. The 200+ acres is already bought, I planned real hard for this. So I'm about to hit it hard. Anyone got a bulldozer for sale?

Be safe.............the night is your friend

Last edited by BrownwaterRiverrat13 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:33 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Welcome aboard Shipmate!
Lots of us here.

U.S.N. Retired 1985-2005

Last edited by Burner on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Burner wrote:
Welcome aboard Shipmate!
Lots of us here.

Well crap.............I gotta ask. Where'n when did you go to boot camp? You were in the same years as I and I did two more, retired out of Panama city, Fl.

PM me and I'll meet you in the Bosn's Locker.

Last edited by BrownwaterRiverrat13 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

BrownwaterRiverrat13 wrote:
Burner wrote:
Welcome aboard Shipmate!
Lots of us here.

Well crap.............I gotta ask. Where'n when did you go to boot camp? You were in the same years as I and I did two more, retired out of Panama city, Fl.

PM me and I'll meet you in the Bosn's Locker.

LMAO, Welcome aboard!!!!, Burner is grungy snipe!!! to catch him in the bosn's locker would be a miracle!!!!!

i was in from 1980-2000...... there some other navy folk here as well.......

Yoop

Last edited by yooper_sjd on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:28 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Great Lakes November 1985

U.S.N. Retired 1985-2005

Last edited by Burner on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Howdy! Byrd here, fresh into mill surp. i love hunting traditional archery and flying light aircraft.
All that and my mosin nagant!
As a poor college student i am unable to expand my collection too much, but i have my eyes out for a P-17 enfield and maybe ill get a kr 98 or a gew88 next!

Attachments:
photo (5).JPG
photo (5).JPG [ 2.8 MiB | Viewed 10672 times ]

Last edited by Iron Sight Ninja on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 888 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next