Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Need help with Yugoslav K98 with 1.TRZ on the receiver

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Need help with Yugoslav K98 with 1.TRZ on the receiver

#31 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:55 am

To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

OSUJACK
United States of America

#32 Post by OSUJACK » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:36 am

Awesome information. Haven’t received my book yet, so I’m anxiously awaiting it’s arrival so I can learn more about this rifle. I hope it can give me a better idea of when this was refurbed in Yugoslavia. I’m guessing now it was done early on, like really soon after WW2. Especially since it has so many early features of German K98s.

I’m guessing my rifle, and running with the notion all the parts are relatively close in their own initial production if not original to the rifle, was made in around 1941-1942. Hooded sight, Milled bands, oval gas holes on the bolt, cupped butt plate, milled trigger housing, and laminate stock...all seems to point to that time frame.

nothernug
United States of America

#33 Post by nothernug » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:43 am

A bit off topic but, since the one poster above gave a tutorial about photo posting, I can add another little trick. With a limit of 5 images per post, combine images to get more into the mix.

For example, most people will post rifle photos one facing one way and another image facing opposite like this...
#1-
TR137 face R.jpg
TR137 face R
#2-
TR137 face L.jpg
TR137 face L
There's two images off your count. Instead of doing that, combine those two images into one. That shows exactly the same but would only count as 1 image. Here are #'s 1 & 2 combined into one;
TR137 face L & R.jpg
TR137 face L & R
You can do the same with your close ups...*
TR137 from sakorick IIIb.jpg
TR137 24/47 stamp locations
* The long shots are photos I took. The detail images however, were taken by a poster on Gunboards from whom I purchased the rifle. The comment embedded in the photo is his comment as well. I cannot confirm it personally but I can say finding the M24/47 designation on top of the receiver instead of the side is definitely the exception rather than the rule in location. So that seems to be, may be, exclusive to shop TR137 (TR= Tehnicki Remontni) It is simply a shortening of the more familiar "TRZ" stamp.

Finally, you can carry this combining of images to it's fullest by combining detail shots with long shots like this...
CXC rifle L & R w- crest & side rail.jpg
M1924 CXC rifle long shots L/R w/ crest & side rail shots
This combination is but 1 off your image count instead of the 3 or 4 they could have been. Also, keep in mind that the images you are large enough for most people to view comfortably, they are in fact thumbnails that can be enlarged to reveal more detail for those so inclined.
This rifle and photos are all mine.
Strange; We are asked not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics but, we are encouraged to judge all GUN OWNERS by the actions of a few lunatics. :think:

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#34 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:37 pm

A bit off topic but, since the one poster above gave a tutorial about photo posting, I can add another little trick. With a limit of 5 images per post, combine images to get more into the mix.
So how does one combine a group of photos into a set of 2 or 4 on a computer so you have one photo to post that has 4 attached? I have a Mac. Could you spell this out step by step...
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

nothernug
United States of America

#35 Post by nothernug » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:56 pm

So how does one combine a group of photos into a set of 2 or 4 on a computer so you have one photo to post that has 4 attached? I have a Mac. Could you spell this out step by step...
You first combine the photos in your computer using some photo editing software. I like and use Irfanview. It has a pretty handy free package. To combine photos as I have done, first crop your images to remove waste (For example, I don't need to see a big spread of the table your rifle was setting on when you took your picture. ;) ) To combine them in Irfanview, I 'copy' one photo, then call up another. Then I have to option to attach my copied photo to top,bottom, left or right of the image on my monitor. Then I just "save" the new image. As many images as desired can be attached/combined. Sometimes I'll open 2 or more windows to make it easier to keep track of what I'm doing. Then that combo picture can be uploaded here as one. For example, here's one where I combined 9 images into one. (I used these just because I had them on hand.) They are each counted as one image (2 total). In the 2nd image, note I have inserted notes too. (This is an image for a study I have had running on Yugoslav post-war crests.)
book covers.jpg
books published by Branko Bogdanovic
crests for Branko II.jpg
crest study w/notes
I only mentioned "Irfanview" because I like it and have used it for years. There are others to choose from and I can't tell you whether this is all that great or not. I just know I'm happy with it. Of course, "Photoshop" has been out there for ever. You just have to look the programs over and see what works for you.
I just recalled you said you have Mac. I Googled it and see that Irfanview does not work directly with Mac. But one hit suggested 12 alternatives and I imagine there are other of photo editing programs that will work with Mac.
I hope that answers your question! :)

For the record, I don't get anything, gratuity, anything like that, for any program or product I may picture or mention here. Nada, zip, zilch. :angelic-sunshine:
Strange; We are asked not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics but, we are encouraged to judge all GUN OWNERS by the actions of a few lunatics. :think:

Return to “Yugoslavian Rifles”