Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Yugoslavian left side mauser rifle markings 1928-1957

Zeliard
United States of America

Yugoslavian left side mauser rifle markings 1928-1957

#1 Post by Zeliard » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Originally posted by Nothernug.

I put together these images for another topic in this forum. But I figure it's a pretty darn good quick reference and many folks may not bother revisiting older threads so I decided to put this out on its own.

Stamps used by Kragujevac from beginning of Mauser Rifle model 1924 production in 1928 to Nazi occupation in April 1941:
Top: Kingdom of SHS (Serbs, Croats(Hrvat) & Slovenes) - Artillery Technical Institute- Kragujevac* 1928-29
Middle: Kingdom of Yugoslavia** - Artillery Technical Institute- Kragujevac 1929-31
Bottom: Kingdom of Yugoslavia** - Military Technical Institute- Kragujevac 1931-45***
* I used the word "Institute" as being most recognizable from it's use by Branko. I do agree the translation is open to debate as noted above in this thread.
** There is a preceding "К" for "Kingdom/КРАЉЕВИНА" hidden under the hand guard of the middle and bottom examples.
*** Correction... That "-45" should be -"41" The king fled to England and the Nazis occupied Yugoslavia that year and all Yugoslav production stopped.

There is a preceding "К" for "Kingdom/КРАЉЕВИНА" hidden under the hand guard of the middle and bottom examples.

Communist era Yugoslavia side markings from 1945 through end of Mauser rifle production at Kragujevac:
Top: "Institute" 44** 1945-47 Also 21st October Military Technical Institute
Bottom, "Enterprise" 44** Also Red Flag Enterprise
In both Cyrillic and Latin as PREDUZECE (not pictured) through end of Mauser rifle production.
** These are the translations given in Branko's book.
I simply refer to both of these as "Factory"44 as the most descriptive of their meaning even though that is not the correct translation for either. Both denote the arms works complex at Kragujevac.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150420234 ... &mode=view
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: Yugoslavian left side mauser rifle markings 1928-1957

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:05 pm

The best crest study info is nothernugs on the gunboards forum. A nice bit of information worthy of a print out:
Posted as information source reference only with full credit: see link here http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... rest-study

:dance: Also anyone interested in Yugo Mausers and their crest variations should pick up a paperback, inexpensive copy of Branko Bogdanovic (2005) For Collectors Only, Serbian and Yugoslav Mauser Rifles. ISBN 1-882391-35-7, Published by North Cape Publications, Tustin, CA. Generally priced around $21. You can find it on Amazon books or the northcapepubs.com web page
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Yugoslavian Rifles”