The SP .22 caliber conversion kit.

zfk55

The SP .22 caliber conversion kit.

Post by zfk55 »

You may have been wondering why this 22 caliber conversion has been stalled. I got the answer this morning. The ATF, in its infinite wisdom, has determined that our conversion is to be treated as a separate firearm. Their reason is that the firing device will have an attached barrel insert. That means it would have to be sold as a firearm with a serial number and registration attached to it. I doubt the serial number would even fit on that tiny converter.

In the end, it is something we can do because my head machinist is also a licensed gunsmith, but this is not typical of something that we produce. My son and I will have to discuss this with our machinist and work through cost factors that include it being considered as a firearm by the ATF.

"Hey Fred! Are you on another long coffee break?" Nah,.. Things are so slow around here I'm trying to come up with a new regulation. What say we mess around with .22 calibers this time?
"Yeah! Why not? There must be something new being applied for, right?"
abunaitoo

Re: The SP .22 caliber conversion kit.

Post by abunaitoo »

That is stupid.
.22 cal conversions for other rifles don't have to be registered.
The atf should really be eliminated.
zfk55

Re: The SP .22 caliber conversion kit.

Post by zfk55 »

Yes, we know. The ATF was eliminated the following day and the pertinent atf agent stands corrected.
My apologies for being stupid.

Return to “Swiss Rifles”