Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Battle sights

topclass2017
United States of America

Battle sights

#1 Post by topclass2017 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Forgive me, I'm a Swiss rifle newbie. Recently acquired a K-11 (actually its at my grandson's in Texas and am on my way to pick it up), and was wondering what folks do when shooting at less than 300 meters as I understand that is the minimum distance on the rear sight. Please correct me if I am wrong! What do you do for targets at less than 300 meters besides hold "under"? I assume the answer is somewhat ammo dependent (he has about 400 rounds of GP-11 that we will be using), but a general feel for what to expect is what I am looking for. I'll be reloading and plan on using either 150 or 168 grain SMK's, probably with either 4064 or RL-15 powder.

Thanks!

DaleH
United States of America

Re: Battle sights

#2 Post by DaleH » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 pm

What we do w/ round front sight blades/pins like the Mosin, or for long, retangular blades like your Swiss arms, is to use good adhesive-lined heatshrink and meld a good 1/4” or longer ‘extension’ up off the existing blade. Trim to fit. If care is taken putting the arm into a case, they have proven most durable, as long as a good, i.e., marine quality, HShrink product is used. Cheap stuff surely won’t last.

Best thing is ... no permanent alterations! Plus being cheap & easy!

Return to “Swiss Rifles”