Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Model of 1917 Eddystone (Sporter)

M1903, M1903A3 and M1917.
8thIDGrunt
United States of America

Model of 1917 Eddystone (Sporter)

#1 Post by 8thIDGrunt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Too far gone and too well done for me to mess with. I am still looking for a good one in military configuration, though. And a nice P14. This one was like this when I found it for a very low price (under $100) except for the mounts and scope. It was already drilled and tapped so I put a good low light scope on it with thoughts of making a nice deer rifle. It is that but I don't hunt anymore. I do bust clam shells across the river with it way out in the country and with a high river bank on the other side. You always have to be very careful when shooting over water. Anyway, I would like your thoughts on what kind of stock this is. I am thinking Fajen(sp) but I am far from an expert. I do really like it. Thanks.
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0300.JPG
I don't know if you can see it in the photos but the stock forearm is flat on the bottom if that helps.

echo1
United States of America

Re: Model of 1917 Eddystone (Sporter)

#2 Post by echo1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 am

8thIDGrunt wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:27 pm
Too far gone and too well done for me to mess with.
That's a very nice one indeed. I know what you mean. I picked up an 03-A3 Smith Corona for dirt, that was so nice I thought it was a Griffin & Howe. French walnut, fine line checkering, trap in butt, scroll work on metal wrist cap, Lyman rear and hooded front gold bed. I sent pictures to G&H, and their archivist was kind enough to point out what was different, but commented on how well done it was. From the days when craftsmen built fine guns from old warhorses. PAX

Zeliard
United States of America

Re: Model of 1917 Eddystone (Sporter)

#3 Post by Zeliard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Mine is quite similar to yours, except with a peep sight instead of scope mounts. Sure, it's not original but it was under $200 and in great condition.
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Return to “United States Rifles”