Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

What parts break/ wear out? Spare parts to buy?

KneverKnew
United States of America

What parts break/ wear out? Spare parts to buy?

#1 Post by KneverKnew » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:02 pm

What parts are most susceptible to wear/breakage in the Ljungman? I'm ordering some guard screw washers and a new recoil spring from SS and would like to get everything necessary for a proper parts kit. Thanks.

What spare parts are contained in the "tin box" found in the Ag42 cleaning kit? Where is the best place to purchase one of these?

Also, IF my barrels pitting turns out to adversely affect it's accuracy, I'd like to purchase and install a fresh barrel.
I see "original Swedish Ljungman barrels" for sale in places for around $150, and then SS has then "NOS" (which I take as being original Ljungman barrels) for $50. Is there a difference in quality/accuracy?

How do I change a Ljungman barrel? Tools needed?

samsplacci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Re: What parts break/ wear out? Spare parts to buy?

#2 Post by samsplacci » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Maybe sheepdawg can direct you, he's a Swede connaisseur on bolt action rifles and may know sources for what you seek.

KneverKnew
United States of America

#3 Post by KneverKnew » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm starting to think I should post my Ljungman questions directly in the Swedish bolt action rifle section. Looks as if this semi-auto section doesn't get much activity.

samsplacci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#4 Post by samsplacci » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:55 am

Moved this thread to Swedish Rifles

sheepdawg
United States of America

#5 Post by sheepdawg » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:16 am

samsplacci wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 pm
Maybe sheepdawg can direct you, he's a Swede connaisseur on bolt action rifles and may know sources for what you seek.
I prefer to manually throw my bolt. :mrgreen: Only thing I know about Ljungmans is it's too hard to spell and they eject brass like 20 feet.
Allt du egentligen behöver i livet är en bra kvinna, en trofast hund och en fin gammal Mauser.

Stef242
Belgium

#6 Post by Stef242 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:30 pm

"What spare parts are contained in the "tin box" found in the Ag42 cleaning kit?"
=> see pic below......firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor,.....
DSC03785.JPG
I have 2 complete cleaning sets, but so far I haven't had to use anything from it with my Ljungman.

This part of my Ljungman however did break down: the safety switch, to be exactly: a tiny part of the "hooked" bottom broke off.
DSC03786.JPG
On the left the damaged one, on the right a good one:
DSC03787.JPG
I've seen complete switches for sale but also just the part with the hook at the bottom: I disassembled the safety switch at first to see what's the best option/best way to replace, so just a little warning: reassembling the safety switch is an "interesting" thing :mrgreen:
Since it ain't simple to just buy the hooked part on this side of the ocean, I bought two complete spare safety switches.

Return to “Swedish Rifles”