http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:45 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

He let me fire some of his collection, so he can get away with murder. Jaywalking, not so much.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, are we all experts on BIG graphics now? I'm breaking out my crayons if this keeps up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:01 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I picked up lots of Carcanos when they were $125. I think I've only shot
two of them. :think: What's wrong with me? :?:

Perhaps it is time to get them out. Now where can I find some 7.35 ammo? :dance:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:58 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I did shoot my 91/41 in one of the postal matches last year.

Results, while not horrible, did not win. It seems to like .264 bullets ok, though. At least all the holes were round.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:08 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Typo I's love the .264.....

As for unspeakable caliber ammo, if you reload, I think 6.5mm can be reformed and made unspeakable. I don't know if annealing the neck is necessary, but I think that would help. I have to learn how to do that for making some BP cartridge rounds from 24GA brass shotgun hulls.

Since you uttered the unspeakable, that's one bar of Irish Spring for your tonsils.

Remember, most people at the range don't know what a Carcano looks like.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:51 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Shot my 7.35 M38 already this year. NM Milsurps had a 300yd "short-rifle" / carbine match and while I did not beat Swiss K31s...I had FUN!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:30 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I've got the components for reloading the carcano.. Somewhere.. And the reloading equipment is floating around somewhere.. The joys of shooting oddball calibers..

I do rather enjoy shooting that Finn marked M38 in 7.35 though

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:19 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I think some people need a bar of Dial and good wash rag now. I might have to use good ole lye soon. Fewer but better Carcano owners will ensure.

There are only two rifles that can beat the K-31 on a good day. 1) The Swedish Mauser. 2) The Finnish M39. I think the rest are relatively futile. It does seem a M1917 with a new barrel is not chopped liver though.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:02 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

...7.35 7.35 7.35 7.35 7.35 7.35 ..... there.....I feel better now... :dance:
....ok......when we hit your range I'll bring my Naval 91/38TS-among other assorted firesticks... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:20 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

This is a baked on problem that needs oven cleaner in your case. Strange, your marine version boom-stick is in perfectly acceptable 6.5mm....I sense spitefulness here. All uppity children that need spanking and sent to a re-education camp in darkest, deepest south eastern Ohio where the banjos howl and the farm animals sleep in fear. Go forth and don't you dare mention the unspeakable. Ogres for punishment all I read here. I tried to warn you but, Noooooo!

Strange, Ren Hoek remains silent. Is all well with the bane of Frostbite Falls? Anybody close to Moose and Squirrel know of his whereabouts?

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

I won't shoot all of them, but I will shoot my 8mm troop special, and my Type I. I want to work up a good load for both and I already have that brass.

Once I like the load, I'd like to make a couple hundred rounds of the 6.5 Jap. I have the feeling that whatever ammo I make for it may be the last ammo ever fired from it.

As hard as 6.5 components are to find now, imagine what it will be like in 50 or 75 years. Basically, every round O make, I'm thinking that this ammo may be my only connection to an as yet un born great grandson who may inherit it.

Please contact me if you have any of the following shooters for sale/trade:
G 43, SVT 40, G 98/40, Rasheed, Vz 52/57, G 98a, Camp 45

*.*!*!*!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:17 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

SWIHARTMARK wrote:
Strange, Ren Hoek remains silent. Is all well with the bane of Frostbite Falls? Anybody close to Moose and Squirrel know of his whereabouts?

Best Regards,

Mark

One of these years I'll make the pilgrimage to Ooooohio for BBQ & shooting. I'll make it a point to bring a 7,35 cav carbine with cast loads. You will try it out & be so impressed, spitting cobras will be obliged to tear down their monument to your expectory greatness! :tounge: :lol: 8-) :dance: Ren

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

....."one of these YEARS" ...???!!!!.....so we are considered 'flyover' country on travels much farther over the pond...??? :o :shock: :(
.....at least there aint no folks causin' mayhem around here like over there... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:05 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

So sad to hear the word "years" instead of "months". My cats are crying and the cobras are shedding their skins. Not a good combo here. Looks like a job for the Dyson.

Looks like I'll have to take Mario to my private range and console him with some shots on my Martini-Henry. I'll sneak him out on a Saturday morning before his wife knows he is missing, or my wife knows I'm missing. Getting back in the house with black powder residue on my face could be a problem.

You still have to shoot your Carcano, sometime, someplace this year. Now wash your mouth out with.....Pamolive. I'm really running out of brands here.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, is that dog years or people years?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

The call to arms will definitely be answered here in Australia.

The M38 will be bought out... Infamous folding bayonet extended, undersized PPU/Highland 6.5 loaded up into semi reliable clips and shot with that front sight buried deep into the rear V!

So basically a great time will be had :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:21 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Ah, it is indeed hideous with the bayonet deployed. No need for bubba to do his dirty work, the Italian designers beat him to it. Yes, I do have one and it does hit the target, generally. Good to see one in the speakable caliber, like mine. 6.5, 6.5, 6.5.

If I had a Fosters Lager, I'd drink one in your honor. Do they still use those large oil cans to put their beer into?

Best Regards,

Mark