Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

"Interarms G33/50" M94 with interesting history

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

"Interarms G33/50" M94 with interesting history

#1 Post by Rapidrob » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 pm

An interesting tale of a M94 carbine.
The US government stopped the importation of small, short barreled carbines in the 60's for some unknown reason. Perhaps the Kennedy shooting?
Interarmco of Alexandria,Va was one of the largest importer of surplus firearms back then.A really neat place to visit, as I did.
The company has to change the barrel to meet ATF regs and the re-marked the receiver with a well done roll mark "Interarms G33/50" A phony carbine designation that never existed in real life. Swede collector snobs do not like these little carbines,even though the base carbine is a real M94.
Jump forward to 2008. A friend of mine bought one of the little carbines for no other reason than to have a M94 for a very fair price. The barrel was not cared for by the original owner.
I was able to find a seller of original new old stock and packed in Cosmoline barrels for the M94 carbine.
The little carbine was re-barreled with the new,original barrel. It is a nice shooting carbine.
Jump to today. Big gun show in town and he asked me to sell a few rifles for him. Included was the M94 ("Interarms G33/50") carbine with it's new barrel with less than 30 rounds fired through it.
I will be bringing it home for nothing or close to nothing for my effort selling his high dollar rifles this weekend.
I will do a range report at 500 yards or so to see how well it will shoot with good ammo.
Photos soon.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Zeliard
United States of America

Re: "Interarms G33/50" M94 with interesting history

#2 Post by Zeliard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Cool!
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

sheepdawg
United States of America

#3 Post by sheepdawg » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 am

I've never seen an Interarms G33/50 roll mark that was well done. Half still have obvious traces of the original stamps that weren't completely ground off. Put me down as a Swede collector snob. :shhh:
Allt du egentligen behöver i livet är en bra kvinna, en trofast hund och en fin gammal Mauser.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by Rapidrob » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 am

I was able to buy the little carbine for 100 bucks after the gun show. Had other rifles sold I would have gotten the carbine for free.
As I posted the barrel is brand new old stock.This got rid of the barrel extension device Interarmco had to add to allow the rifle to be sold in the USA. Most parts match.
I test fired the carbine into my bullet trap and the fired case is as it should be.No head space problems.
For what I paid I'll keep the carbine and use it for my "carbine matches" in NM MILSURPS. I'm hoping it will be a good shooter.I'll do a range report this Sunday after the match.
m94e.jpg
m94d.jpg
m94c.jpg
m94b.jpg
m94A.jpg
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member

sheepdawg
United States of America

#5 Post by sheepdawg » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 am

For $100 I would have bought it but that Interarms Co. G33/50 still looks like ****. :puke-huge: The stock alone is worth far more.
Allt du egentligen behöver i livet är en bra kvinna, en trofast hund och en fin gammal Mauser.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#6 Post by Rapidrob » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:28 pm

I shot the carbine today after the match at ram targets set to 300 meters. The front sight is a little small and the rounds were one foot high. Holding low at 6 o'clock the rams were easy to hit. Recoil was the same as the long rifle. Several of my club members tried the carbine at the target and hits were easy to make.
A fun little carbine and I'd recommend it for any avid shooter.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Swedish Rifles”