Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

M94 Swede Redemption Project

wpflgun
United States of America

M94 Swede Redemption Project

#1 Post by wpflgun » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 am

One of my favorite rifles is M94 carbine, robbed of its stock long before I acquired it. It came to me in a trade from another collector on the forum who had acquired it in that condition, with a badly chopped stock from another carbine.

I wasn't willing to pay the going price for a replacement stock, as much as $700-$800 for a decent one, IF you could find one, at the time. I elected to look around for a M38 or M96 project stock to improve upon what I had. As fate would have it, I ordered a pristine M96 stock for a restoration project. It was damaged in shipping, the front of the stock completely broken off about 10-12" from the end. I used this to fashion a stock that was by no means original, but worthy of resting this piece of history in, and functional. I had to cut down the handguard, which I then pinned and epoxied back together and installed a spare Turk barrel band with sling swivel.

Here is what I wound up with, and it is an awesome shooter, still suitable to put into a correct stock, in the event a unicorn brings me one someday...
Attachments
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4720.JPG

nmcollektor
United States of America

Re: M94 Swede Redemption Project

#2 Post by nmcollektor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Keep checking Ebay. They do turn up from time to time. You can set up a search and they'll email you the results daily.

LEP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by LEP » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 am

An old timer down here had a stock that he refused to let go of no matter how often I pestered. After returning from an extended vacation in the Middle East, I went looking for him, again. Unfortunately he had passed away and all his gun stuff had been sold off.

wpflgun
United States of America

#4 Post by wpflgun » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 am

Hey LEP,

Thanks for keeping your eye out. Either way, you did me a solid sending this Carbine my way. It is a joy to shoot.

Return to “Swedish Rifles”