M94 Swede Redemption Project

wpflgun

M94 Swede Redemption Project

Post by wpflgun »

One of my favorite rifles is M94 carbine, robbed of its stock long before I acquired it. It came to me in a trade from another collector on the forum who had acquired it in that condition, with a badly chopped stock from another carbine.

I wasn't willing to pay the going price for a replacement stock, as much as $700-$800 for a decent one, IF you could find one, at the time. I elected to look around for a M38 or M96 project stock to improve upon what I had. As fate would have it, I ordered a pristine M96 stock for a restoration project. It was damaged in shipping, the front of the stock completely broken off about 10-12" from the end. I used this to fashion a stock that was by no means original, but worthy of resting this piece of history in, and functional. I had to cut down the handguard, which I then pinned and epoxied back together and installed a spare Turk barrel band with sling swivel.

Here is what I wound up with, and it is an awesome shooter, still suitable to put into a correct stock, in the event a unicorn brings me one someday...
Attachments
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4729.JPG (911.06 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3951 times
IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4721.JPG (916.2 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
IMG_4720.JPG
IMG_4720.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3951 times

nmcollektor

Re: M94 Swede Redemption Project

Post by nmcollektor »

Keep checking Ebay. They do turn up from time to time. You can set up a search and they'll email you the results daily.

LEP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by LEP »

An old timer down here had a stock that he refused to let go of no matter how often I pestered. After returning from an extended vacation in the Middle East, I went looking for him, again. Unfortunately he had passed away and all his gun stuff had been sold off.

wpflgun

Post by wpflgun »

Hey LEP,

Thanks for keeping your eye out. Either way, you did me a solid sending this Carbine my way. It is a joy to shoot.

Return to “Swedish Rifles”