http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:53 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

rjmt wrote:
good looking M28 - it looks to be the same production period as the one I just acquired, same version of Swiss Sig barrel

can you mic out the barrel diameter where it exits the stock? Mine is right at .700, thick for a Finn Mosin barrel, thicker than my M39

mine won't fit in the post war M28/30 potbelly stock I acquired and I'll have to enlarge the barrel channel to get it to fit.

rjmt

I think he sold this a longggggg time ago

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Not remembering anything between the time of purchase till sitting at home with the weapon in hand,
a mad female,
and an influx of ammo purchases.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:08 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

OK, thanks
I'm still trying to find any information on this early M28 SIG barrel. It's heavier than any barrel listed on all the Mosin reference sites.
thicker than my M39 barrel in all dimensions, except under the front sight.
I had to open the barrel channel in the M28/30 stock by over .050 to get it to fit in the stock.
by serial number, it was one of the first 5000 M28s manufactured, still has an early 2 piece nose cap.
I have read that the M28, M28/30 and M39 were interchangeable in stocks. This one is not.

rjmt