http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

ElricFate wrote:
ElricFate wrote:
Roy Mcleod wrote:
Erick:
I, have followed your # 2 upload attachment instructions, under edit window!! But I, found I, could onlt post TWO photos,
on the board---As a red line comes up, saying,the file is to big maximum allowable size is 4MiB What does this mean, can I,
send, say just 4 photos, per posting?
Roy

I would say that the pictures you're trying to upload are huge. Either very high quality JPGs, or BMPs. One thing you could try is just resizing them. Making them smaller. I'm sure noone needs to see a gigantic picture, unless they WANT to zoom in that far.

One thing that makes it easier to resize pictures when uploading them anywhere is ShrinkPic.

If that doesn't float your boat, MSPaint will do the same thing. Just open up your picture and save it as a JPG file there, it will automatically downgrade the quality (but then you lose some detail, choose carefully).

Resizing pictures doesn't have to be a chore.

Roy,

I think we've gone down this road before :wink:

Seriously though, ShrinkPic is great to automatically resize your photos when you post them to websites, without actually resizing your original pictures, leaving you with the full sized files on your PC. I would suggest installing from the link above, setting your size, and trying to upload them again and see what turns up. Usually pictures that are more than 1024x768 are just considered too big on forums, so about the medium setting should do you fine.

Elric:
Thanks for your help!! I, was not sure just what was wrong this time!! I, had posted many photos for months, with
no problem!! then this Invalid thing happened. It really had me puzzled. when I, sent the e-mails, computer said photos to big.
Thanks again for all your help.
Roy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:12 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Elric, having problems useing method 2 to upload pictures. I do not have the bility to use method 1 as I don't use any of the other sites. I have posted pics before from a previous computer, (thought I had from this one as well but can't remember). I am able to use the 'browse' button to locate the file, but when I click on the 'add the file' button, I get the second window that pops up with the progress bar, but after 15 seconds or so, the main screen changes to say "The image file you tried to attach is invalid" I can however attach the phots to an email though. DO you have any ideas as to what is going on?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm 

kymauser wrote:
Elric, having problems useing method 2 to upload pictures. I do not have the bility to use method 1 as I don't use any of the other sites. I have posted pics before from a previous computer, (thought I had from this one as well but can't remember). I am able to use the 'browse' button to locate the file, but when I click on the 'add the file' button, I get the second window that pops up with the progress bar, but after 15 seconds or so, the main screen changes to say "The image file you tried to attach is invalid" I can however attach the phots to an email though. DO you have any ideas as to what is going on?

What kind of image file is it? If it is a JPG or BMP, there should be no issue. Sometimes GIF or PNG will cause failures.

Leave me HeatWare - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=36954

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

it says JPEG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 am 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

kymauser wrote:
it says JPEG

I occasionally have the same problem. My viewer is ACDsee and even though I save my camera pics as "JPEG" I still have to convert them in ACDsee to "jpg" before I can upload them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

What kind of camera do you guys use to get a good view of the complete rifle when you take a picture to post ?. I have a Canon digital but I have to take several pictures of the rifle lengthwise get a good look at it. I probably didn't explain this right, maybe I'm thinking wide angle close up ?. :think:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I'm trying to use photobucket to post pics, does anyone know what url to use they give you four different ones plus also would I use that url with the img or the url on the fourm. Thx for the help

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:53 pm 

Sindone wrote:
I'm trying to use photobucket to post pics, does anyone know what url to use they give you four different ones plus also would I use that url with the img or the url on the fourm. Thx for the help

If you use the URL they give you, and refer to my first post where I advise to place it between IMG tags, it should work fine.

You can always hit the PREVIEW button on any post to make sure.

You can also use their pre-generated HTML/IMG code stuff that is within IMG tags already. It's all about choice, and I can't force you to use one thing or another. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Ok thank you I got it to work finally lol only took me 2 hours :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm 

Hah. No problem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

:arrow: Is it possible on this site, like some of the others I am on, to post a Photo directly from your My Pictures File on my Computer?? Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 pm 

Hobe Sound Falcon wrote:
:arrow: Is it possible on this site, like some of the others I am on, to post a Photo directly from your My Pictures File on my Computer?? Paul

Yes. Go back to method #2, which involves uploading an attachment to the Forum itself. This means the forum will be hosting that photo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:40 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Yes it is. No hosting site necessary (sweet :thumb: )
It's a bit different than the more feature rich vBulletin forums, but just as easy. You just need to go through the whole routine one pic at a time and the window bounces around and requires scrolling so the manage attachments section.
Be aware that if you post a series of pics this forum will post them in the reverse order. The first pic you upload will be the last pic in your post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Here goes! Paul

Attachments:
Falcon.JPG
Falcon.JPG [ 8.44 KiB | Viewed 3523 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:46 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Great, glad to see your system is like gunboards.com, smithandwessonforums.com and russian mosin nagant.com I have never cared for Photobucket systems. Is there a limit on the size of Photo Posted? thanks Paul :thumb:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next