http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:41 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Got rid of my home PC.
I will try again in a min. And see if it says any thing else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:09 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

It said
The image file you tryed to Att. Is invalid.
In the box it show s the file is a jpg.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:57 pm 

Welp. This was my test image and it uploaded fine through Chrome on my smartphone. So either your phone is saving your images in something other than jpg or it's a browser issue/permissions issue on your phone.

Have you tried using a different browser or tapatalk?

Attachments:
test-all-the-things.jpg
test-all-the-things.jpg [ 71.42 KiB | Viewed 7101 times ]

Leave me HeatWare - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=36954

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:37 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Had to sign on with tapatalk. For this sight.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:24 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Thanks Elric, yeah posted in wrong thread. See what happens when you rush.

Last edited by ski2009 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:25 pm 

ski2009 wrote:
I received one of the last remaining boxes of 448 rd surplus 303 from CTD before they run out of that box type. South African 1943 ammo

Pretty sure you meant to post this to another thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

OK, I have always used photobucket to upload/place my photos in my posts. :hand: :hand: BUT, and this is a big but, Photobuck had a few problems a few days ago and for a short time all of my photos disappeared. This is very bad. My PHOTOS are not fixed in the forum. So if photobucket goes down or my free account is froze, I will no longer have any photos in my posts. #-o
So does anyone know how to take photos that are only archived in photobucket and replace the photo's link to /from photobucket by using my original stored photos, but place them in some manner in the forum so they are a permanent fixed photo that is not dependent on photobucket ?? I want to take an old photo bucket stored photo and put it into my old forum posts so they are there to stay and not dependent on my photobucket account link. I never realized that all of my years of photos can be removed/gone in a second because they are somehow dependent on the photobucket host.
I need it step by step- I am an old guy with an old Mac and need the process step by step like a Marine Corps tech manual.
Anyone know the process :pray:
I do not have a fancy cell phone, and the photos are so old that they are only archived in the photobucket account.

Second dumb question, if an old forum post is archived in the WAYBACK machine. Do the photos originally placed in the post by a photobucket account also disappear? Or do those remain intact with their photos?

Last edited by 72 usmc on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 am 

72 usmc wrote:
OK, I have always used photobucket to upload/place my photos in my posts. :hand: :hand: BUT, and this is a big but, Photobuck had a few problems a few days ago and for a short time all of my photos disappeared. This is very bad. My PHOTOS are not fixed in the forum. So if photobucket goes down or my free account is froze, I will no longer have any photos in my posts. #-o
So does anyone know how to take photos that are only archived in photobucket and replace the photo's link to /from photobucket by using my original stored photos, but place them in some manner in the forum so they are a permanent fixed photo that is not dependent on photobucket ?? I want to take an old photo bucket stored photo and put it into my old forum posts so they are there to stay and not dependent on my photobucket account link. I never realized that all of my years of photos can be removed/gone in a second because they are somehow dependent on the photobucket host.
I need it step by step- I am an old guy with a old Mac and need the process step by step like a Marine Corps tech manual.
Anyone know the process :pray:

So you want to save a copy of the picture to your computer from Photobucket and then use Post #2 in this thread to place them on the forum.

If that doesn't work (if your files are too large), there's all sorts of photo hosting websites like imgur.com that allow you to store any size files. You can then link them like you used to link the photobucket photos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:16 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I down loaded my entire 2500 photos into a file on my desk top , but the photos when opened are distorted and stretched out by the down load process. It is not the same photo as seen in the photobucket picture. So now I have to figure out why the pics are distorted during a transfer by the "download in whole process". Are these photos on my desk top in a file, safe,???? or will they be gone if the photobucket account dies? I got to ask some high school kid if he knows how to put the photo in my file back to its normal look. I can open them one by one, but they are now distorted. Still a few bugs. I do not understand why the are not the same. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 am 

72 usmc wrote:
I down loaded my entire 2500 photos into a file on my desk top , but they photos when opened are distorted and stretched out by the down load process. It is not the same photo as seen in the photobucket picture. So now I have to figure out why the pics are distorted during a transfer by the download in whole process. Are these photos on my desk top in a file, safe,???? or will they be gone if the photobucket account dies? I got to ask some high school kid if he knows how to put the photo in my file back to its normal look. I can open them one by one but they are now distorted. Still a few bugs. I do not understand why the are not the same. Thanks

If they're on your computer, they'll be fine if the account dies.

I'm unsure why they would be distorted, though, unless there was some formatting errors or something. Perhaps it's just your viewer that's showing them distorted?

Try uploading one to the forum on this post so we can see.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:24 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Thank you I will try that later. I still reading about post 2.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:11 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Attachment:
IMG_4831-1-3.jpg
IMG_4831-1-3.jpg [ 42.97 KiB | Viewed 1145 times ]

test photo

OK Eric it works and no distortion. Not sure I like the box but if it is always present its better.
SO FOR PHOTO BUCKET USERS
If your account fills and is froze, it is deleted, or corrupt, be advised all your photo bucket linked photos used on the forum disappear, poof , gone.
So to down load a file that you can keep on your desk computer thereby allowing you access to all of the old photos ( your photos) :arrow: do this:
1 Log in to photobucket and your page comes up.
2 Go to Library at the top right and click on the word " LIBRARY" . All your photos in the album appear on the screen.
3 Go to the lower right corner of the screen you will see the ACTIONS BOX. Click on "DOWNLOAD ALBUM" which is one of the selections in the photobucket action box.
4 A test question box appears and follow a simple question & answer the question. Then hit the "VERIFY" box button which is clearly visible on the right.
5 Then a download is possible. Hit the DFOWNLOAD BUTTON in the lower right side and this will start a photobucket selection process of each photo in your album. You will see a count down of all 2500 or so photos.
6 Be sure you know where your desk top computer is going to place the new file. Mine is set up to down load on the desk top so I know where to look.
7 It takes about 3min to scan and prepare the file by photobucket. When finished, photobucket will say, Thanks for waiting! Your album is ready to down load.
8 After the message is visible you see a blue down load button on the lower right side of the message. Click/hit the blue" DOWNLOAD" button.
9 This will start a download to your computer (MAC) and it will duplicate a file with all of the old photos in your existing Photobucket album and put them into a file on your computers desktop or where ever your computer places downloads.
10 You now got a folder with 2500 photos saved until your computer fails to work. :doh:
11 Then to save/replace photos in your important old forum posts in an effort/manner so the photos will always be there :thumb: :idea: :arrow: use Erics #2 post on page 1