Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

1916 education/101

CZVZ
United States of America

1916 education/101

#1 Post by CZVZ » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 am

Hello, I have a line on a Ovideo Carbine/7mm mauser. The claim is, it has been arsenal refurbished, with the crest removed from the barrel shank. The bluing and furniture appear to me typical of other milsurps that are arsenal refurbed... not a "Bubba" job. Has anyone heard of Spanish Mausers being arsenal refurbed? Also, are the bores on Spanish mausers oversized? I have a Chilean mauser that the bore is several thousandths overbore and my research indicates that this is not uncommon. How is the overall quality of the Spanish Mausers vs. the Chilean? And lastly what is the going rate for a 1916 /7mm in good condition. I see J&G has some in .308 for about $180.

thanks
CZVZ

Kevinofborg
United States of America

Re: 1916 education/101

#2 Post by Kevinofborg » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:47 am

CZVZ,

I learned a lot about Spanish Mausers at this web site:

http://masterton.us/Spanmauhome

I have a few including a 7mm M1916. Visit that page and it you have any question not answered ask hear and we can see if we can help. For the most part a scubbed M1916 is kind of the definition of a Spanish factory refurb........and that may not be a bad thing.

Kevin
kevinofborg
TX

Return to “Spanish/S. American/Central American/Mexican Rifles”