Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

95 Chilean Carbine

milboltnut
United States of America

95 Chilean Carbine

#1 Post by milboltnut » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Hey Guys,
I have a 95 Lowe Chilean Carbine in 7x57 mauser. Partial Crest,.. kinda wore off in the middle and light on the edges. Has a crest on the butt stock that you can barely see. The bore is good to very good... the grooves are slightly dark.... Haven't scrubbed it out really good since I had it. The groove measure .287. Wanna try some oversized hard cast bullets. The twist is 1:10? so is it the same with the long rifles too? I was watching a vid from forgotton weapons on a Norwegian K98 where they U notched the rear V notch sight and flattened the front sight blade. Some or all may not agree with that but The rear sight was pretty pathetic along with a .287 groove diameter. If the accuracy doesn't improve as far as I'm concerned I'll scrap the thing....LOL

professrh
United States of America

Re: 95 Chilean Carbine

#2 Post by professrh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:55 pm

I have a couple of overbore 7mm Mausers: a Spanish m1916 Ludwig Loewe, and a Venezuelan parts rifle -- don't ask. . . . Anyway, both shoot quite well with these: https://www.buffaloarms.com/287-diamete ... -bac287154

--Prof

milboltnut
United States of America

Re: 95 Chilean Carbine

#3 Post by milboltnut » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:13 am

Wow just when you think all is lost..... thanks.

Return to “Spanish/S. American/Central American/Mexican Rifles”