Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Destroyer Carbine - Questions to ask?

TassieAzz
Australia

Destroyer Carbine - Questions to ask?

#1 Post by TassieAzz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:27 am

Hello all.

I've currently got a line on a rifle I would love to add to my collection, a Spanish Destroyer Carbine in 9mm Largo. Unfortunately, the rifle is interstate so I won't be able to inspect it in person, and the price is a little on the high side so I'm hoping to be able to talk the seller down a bit. Unfortunately, the few that do come up for sale here in Australia always fetch a really high price

What questions would you recommend I ask the seller? Is there anything, in particular, I should be looking out for that indicates I should be steering away from? Extra photos I should be requesting?

From the photos I've seen, it's in good condition, with good condition metal-work and prominent rifling with no damage past the normal dings and dents seen in surplus firearms.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Cheers
Aaron

AGB-1
United States of America

Re: Destroyer Carbine - Questions to ask?

#2 Post by AGB-1 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:05 am

heck
United States of America

#3 Post by heck » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 am

Watch out for excessive head space.

indy1919a4
United States of America

#4 Post by indy1919a4 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I always just like to ask the seller if he has shot the gun and how the gun works... I know this is a subjective question and depends on the honesty of the seller.. But lots of time if the gun works the seller will tell you how it shoots.. Other time is there are problems the sell may respond, "Nope I have never shot it".. Which for me is a bit of a red flag..

Return to “Spanish/S. American/Central American/Mexican Rifles”