Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Austrian rebuild vs. Bulgarian rebuild...?

OldRifles
United States of America

Austrian rebuild vs. Bulgarian rebuild...?

#1 Post by OldRifles » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:05 am

Long story short, I'm familiar with the typical indicators of Bulgarian rebuilds of Mannlicher M.95 rifles, carbines and Stutzens. There are some slightly anomalous examples out there that appear to be Austrian rebuilds that never went east, as they lack renumbered butt stocks on the right side of the stock, and even have blued (NOT blued stateside) bolts with only the last three numbers of the serial number (as opposed to all four) e-penciled on the top of the bolt, a stamped matching (last two numbers) hand guard and a stamped matching (left side) butt stock.

Has anyone else seen this? I've seen one other example, and am wondering if these remained in Austria. I should add that they lack import markings of any kind. Thoughts?

Pat

bitrclngr
United States of America

Re: Austrian rebuild vs. Bulgarian rebuild...?

#2 Post by bitrclngr » Tue May 21, 2019 1:02 am

Do you have any pictures of this rifle? I've never seen one with a blued bolt. Is it S marked?

OldRifles
United States of America

Re: Austrian rebuild vs. Bulgarian rebuild...?

#3 Post by OldRifles » Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Bitrclngr,
I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but I will. It does have the 'S' stamp on the barrel.
Thanks,
Pat

Return to “Austrian Rifles”