Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Mannlicher M95 ammo pouches

M67
Slovenia

Mannlicher M95 ammo pouches

#1 Post by M67 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 pm

I would like to present various accessories related to Mannlicher M95 rifle. Among these accessories are the most important their ammo pouches. Over the years, I've collected various different type of these pouches. All items are from my collection. They can be divided into three historical periods.
The first is Time from begining to the end of the First World War. At this time, there are two types of substitute – Ersatz pouches magazine from the sheet metal. I know that exist at least three types. The usual for the infantryman werea pair of double pouches, for a total of 40 cartridges 8x50R. Single pouches were designed for the cavalry and the units armed with carbine. But there is no rule. They are without metal D ring for suspenders. The most disareble are Ersatz pouches. The most rare ones are made of pressed cardboard. But I dont have it.

In the second historical period, pouches belong to the period between the first and the second world wars. I have two types, made from canvas and leather . Bouth are double and from the Austrian army.

The third period is the post war. There are Bulgarian, nade from leather and two different types. I believe they are from the time after the second war. They came along with the M95 carbine refurbished in the caliber 8x56R.
Attachments
AO nabojnici zadaj.jpg
AO nabojnice.jpg
AO nabojnice Z.jpg
AO nabojnice S.jpg
AO enodelna nabojnica notri.jpg
Last edited by M67 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

M67
Slovenia

Re: Mannlicher M95 ammo pouches

#2 Post by M67 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:00 pm

post ww1 war pouches, Austrian types, canvas and leather.
Attachments
avstrisjske nabojnice 3.jpg
avstrijske nabojnice1.jpg
avstrijske nabojnice 2.jpg
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

M67
Slovenia

#3 Post by M67 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Bolgarian post war pouches. Two different types.
Attachments
bolgar nabojnice 2.jpg
bolgar nabijnice 1.jpg

M67
Slovenia

#4 Post by M67 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:03 pm

And the most interesting Ersatz metal pouches with ammo package from 1917.
Attachments
Ersatz nabojnica 2.jpg
Ersatz 4.jpg
Ersatz 3.jpg
Ersatz 2.jpg
Ersatz 1.jpg

indy1919a4
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#5 Post by indy1919a4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Darn your eyes, you have posted that metal ammo pouch before and I have just gotten over needing some.. and now you do it all over again.. Those are so wonderful. The photo of them with the card board ammo packages are just so instructive..

I wonder in the day what the price was to make a metal ammo pouch VS the leather... I would imagine that after you get the machine set up you could make them pretty cheap and quickly...

Nevada Hudson
Mauritania

#6 Post by Nevada Hudson » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:24 pm

How many clips will fit in a pouch?

M67
Slovenia

#7 Post by M67 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 am

two clips in one card ammo package and this card board into each pocket of the pouch.

indy1919a4
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#8 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 am

So amazing if a soldier has 4 of these pouches and one in his rifle he is carrying 45 rounds of ammo. Which is not even 2 magazines of ammo in a modern rifle today..

On the same topic but a little different, came across some bits from a 2016 Hungarian movie

Szürke senkik

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5824328/

Takes place in the waning days of WW I.

Know nothing of the movie. Do not know how accurate the Equipment is. But it does show a lot of Mannlicher m95s in use. And
it is interesting to see movies with m95s in them, So often films overlook them. Some film cuts of the movie.

Viddy Well oh my brothers..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zPK0g3sfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcEUgndsCqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zq9wujals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMlw33NtlF4

M67
Slovenia

#9 Post by M67 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 am

indy1919a4 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm
Darn your eyes, you have posted that metal ammo pouch before and I have just gotten over needing some.. and now you do it all over again.. Those are so wonderful. The photo of them with the card board ammo packages are just so instructive..

I wonder in the day what the price was to make a metal ammo pouch VS the leather... I would imagine that after you get the machine set up you could make them pretty cheap and quickly...

Perhaps it was not the decisive price but the time and durability of the material. I can assume that the mass production of the sheet metal Ersatz pouches was faster compared to leather ones and at the same time more durable in wet front ditches.

vandle
Australia

#10 Post by vandle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:58 am

M67 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 am
indy1919a4 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Perhaps it was not the decisive price but the time and durability of the material. I can assume that the mass production of the sheet metal Ersatz pouches was faster compared to leather ones and at the same time more durable in wet front ditches.
Where do you find these things, they are so interesting.
Durability is why its difficult to find the cardboard pouches and so rare.
Life is tough, tougher if your stupid

M67
Slovenia

#11 Post by M67 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 am

Our local market, local military collectionar events and mostly my own local area finds- old attics, old houses.

indy1919a4
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#12 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:13 pm

An Italian song with some comment about the M95 shooting at them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QzXQ9Zy16E

https://www.tapum.eu/about-us/the-song.html

Return to “Austrian Rifles”