http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

picked up a 98k, but it almost matches your discription, reciver is marked DOU 43, with laminated stock, winter gaurd, reciever and bolt have a Z under 4 digit serial number, what else sould I look for? thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

All I have to go from is what I read, and from my rifles. They were put together as cash cows, were kriegsmodels and had the winter trigger guard, those were the common feature.

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:05 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Do you know if any of these were actually used in war? Mine looks like it has been and there is no import mark.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:24 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Mustangpython00 wrote:
Do you know if any of these were actually used in war? Mine looks like it has been and there is no import mark.

There were sold to a lot of importing countries, your guess is as good as mine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:57 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Thanks for this post! I was looking at the SAMCO rifles and wondering about that :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

sheepdog120 wrote:
Thanks for this post! I was looking at the SAMCO rifles and wondering about that :thumb:

Yeah, SAMCO shows them on their website, decent price I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:47 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Mustangpython00 wrote:

There was a program on the History Channel called the "Guns of Israel" and a Jewish soldier of the 1948 Arab-Israeli war said they received a large shippment of Czech made Mauser rifles for their army as well as various weapons from many sources. It would seem most likely that many post WW2 Czech K98's found their way to other "hot spots" around the world as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

my DOU 45 has Israeli 6 pointed star next to the 2 in 7.62 on receiver just above mod 98. there are 2 eagles with swastika but no rampant lion anyplace on the weapon. it has stamped trigger guard but is not winter trigger guard. good to know it is desirable year DOU 45.
is a century ufixem for $149. my Budapest M95/34 has rampant lion on left side of receiver so i do know what rampant lion looks like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:11 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

stan61 wrote:
Mustangpython00 wrote:

There was a program on the History Channel called the "Guns of Israel" and a Jewish soldier of the 1948 Arab-Israeli war said they received a large shippment of Czech made Mauser rifles for their army as well as various weapons from many sources. It would seem most likely that many post WW2 Czech K98's found their way to other "hot spots" around the world as well.

after Israel replaced the mauser 7.62X51 they sent them to Guatemala navy. this is where century arms procured them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

my dou 45 has the rampant lion proofmarks and the winterguard trigger.. its also in 8mm.. but unfortunately it has a prewar stock ..its a hoot to shoot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

my Czech BRNO is stamped (top of receiver) mod 98 right below the 7.62 and has 6 pointed star next to the 2. it has DOU 45 stamped also. on rear sight right hand side base is 2 Nazi eagles. I cannot see any markings that were ground off any place. it is stamped 7.62 on bottom of butt stock in front of cupped butt plate that has a hole drilled thru butt plate for disassembly of bolt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

bill may wrote:
my Czech BRNO is stamped (top of receiver) mod 98 right below the 7.62 and has 6 pointed star next to the 2. it has DOU 45 stamped also. on rear sight right hand side base is 2 Nazi eagles. I cannot see any markings that were ground off any place. it is stamped 7.62 on bottom of butt stock in front of cupped butt plate that has a hole drilled thru butt plate for disassembly of bolt.

That's a IDF rifle, they converted the 8mm mauser into the NATO 7.62, czech supply them with weapons as long as the jews paid them good money, CZ made out on that deal, later they sold them a whole factory that didn't really produce any rifles, instead it was used to refurbish old K98s, and czech mausers from 8mm mauser into 7.62 NATO.

MY K98 http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88341&
Persian,Swede,Mausers,SKS,Mosin,Enfield,K11/K31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

It is possible to have a post war arctic Czech that later when through refurb for the IDF, just now way of knowing

Ed

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

EdHoffer wrote:
They are shown on the SAMCO web site, no whether they have them or not is another question.

I actually bought one of these back in '07 and was astounded at just "how new & pristine" the rifle was inside and out…looks as if it was never issued! I know this is a very old thread but I was just cruising and looking for info on these. I am about to mount a Ukrainian Built repro LSR mount and ZF39 Zielfeir scope I found on e bay as a combo for $430.00 shipped! This rifle prints 1-2" groups at 100 w/ irons and milsirp '70s Romainian 150gr Ball. Cant wait to get her mounted and zeroed. Anyone out there who knows what is the ideal recipe for bullet wt. and powder choice/wt., to match the specs in the BDC range of the range ring…it has settings from 100m to 1000m. Want to get some dies and see what kind of "monster" I can build here> LOL…but I AM BEING SeRIOUS…I think this rifle has the potential tone a period era repro 'tack-driver'. :D