Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Aim Mosins

1891, 91/30, M38, M44, 91/59, P-series, M27, M28, M28-30 and M39
72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Aim Mosins

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 pm

It seems Aim just got a new shipment of Mosins and they are not the rusty,crusty specials offered by Classic or the ones I saw at Cabela's. see old post:
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... =19&t=2608
The Price is.... Hold onto your hats: :arrow: $340 & $360 depending on selection. They also have light ball ammo in 440 round tins for the price of $189 a tin :?

These Mosins seem to be a nice grade in decent condition judging from Aims photos. Below are screen shots of some of Aims photos. Sight does not appear to be pinned and the import mark is small, but on the receiver. I am not sure due to small, distant photos shown on their web page, if these rifles exhibit the same rust and pits that Classic offers. It appear not. Aim's receivers look pretty good! But I just can not tell. At least to Classic's credit they cleaned the rifles and actually show what you may receive. These apparently arrive cosmo covered and who knows what is under the goo. Has anyone seen a review or have a source of better photos? Maybe you ordered one and can provide better information on the overall condition of Aim's Mosin. No mention of cleaning rods and if they are all matching. The few photos they provide do not enlarge, but do show a cleaning rod and Aim indicates each rifle "Includes Bayonet, Sling and Pouches." Who's up for rolling the dice at $ 340 + :shhh: :shhh: :think: :lol:
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.45.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.45.57 PM.png (445.74 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.50.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 9.00.21 PM.png
It is had to view, but the import mark appears to be ATI (American tactical Imports) Summerville, South Carolina (ATI Summerville SC). This is different from the recent ones I saw at Cabel's that had a Fox Trot SKN NY import mark in a different location and a serial number on the opposite side of the receiver. Aim's Mosin rifles have the import mark and new serial number on the top of the receiver not the side.
It is nice they seem to have so many nice Tula hex Mosins :dance: :clap:

Odd they only offer Tulas, are the Izzys more to come?
see
https://aimsurplus.com/tula-russian-189 ... 3a84834ac1

https://aimsurplus.com/tula-hex-russian ... -w-bayonet
Last edited by 72 usmc on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Rage
United States of America

Re: Aim Mosins

#2 Post by Rage » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 am

This is the new normal. I suspect these were a batch found in Ukraine since to the best of my knowledge we aren't importing any more from Russia proper.

I remember dad telling me how K98s used to be $5 at Kmart and thinking "Yeah well, that was then and this is now.". Maybe we've entered the age of $350 Mosins. As far as the ammo, it's still cheaper than Tulammo.

oddball6
Cambodia

#3 Post by oddball6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

I bet Cuba has a couple .

Tommy Fox Stone
United States of America

#4 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Classic has got in a shipment of Mosin, all of them are Tula with Hex receiver at $329...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSac8NmRpzA/url
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...

C.S.A...

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 pm

Tommy, Thanks for that new Video from today 18 feb 2019.

It has the same import mark as Aims. Classic prices a base model Tula HEX at $329 plus extras: select add $20, Early markings add another $30, so they can go upwards of $379. Then shipping and FFL transfer fee ????? :snooty: :doh: :hand: One must really want a Mosin, at least they are very nice not the rusted pitted junk.
The import mark screen shots and the extra prices:
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 7.07.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 7.07.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 7.07.48 PM.png (125.15 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 7.09.59 PM.png

Tula round receiver is only $299 base price plus $20 for select= stamped serial numbers
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 7.19.51 PM.png

With Classic it is always best to pay the extra for a select. AIM is a gamble on what you may receive, less choice than what Classic offers.
Last edited by 72 usmc on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#6 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:29 pm

AIM SURPLUS does their Hex Tulas a little different ( $359):
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 7.24.06 PM.png
Between Aim or Classic this might be a good time to pick up a cherry Tula, not the $49 of 2001-2002, but prices have gone up and Classic seems to offer more selection possibilities. Too bad the import mark is so big on the top of the receiver. Maybe some charcoal grill paint rubbed into the mark will make it less visible :roll:

It is hard to believe a $49 Mosin is $300-400 :lol: :shock: But then my dad said it was hard to believe a $29 M1 carbine is worth $800. Funny how a few years can add to the price. Then if the political climate changes, maybe they will all be banned and become instant junk- :think: :think:

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#7 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Does anyone know where these came from and it is odd that the cases all are Tula and some nice hexes to boot. Any history about this batch of Mosin Rifles? No mention of counter bores. Some nice examples. I wonder when these will show up at gun shows. Dealers must get a real price brake. I can not see these running off the tables if the price is much higher than $350-400.

This batch of Tula Mosin rifles is so much better condition than the junk Classic had last month; see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQeyf76Cls

Classic is stuck with some parts rifles :violin: And they wanted $300 for that junk. The new group is very nice, like the rifles of 20 years ago. :dance:

Off course, Classic is a sneaky lot :doh: , I wonder, :think: :snooty: if they will slip some of the Tula pitted rifles in on the "non select" offer? They got to get rid of the pitted junk somehow. It would be funny thinking you are getting one of the better ones and then actually receiving the older group's Tula Mosin with pits on a non select purchase. :idea: With Classic you always have to go for the extra select$20 purchase to be sure. I just do not trust them after their sales practices of the humped K98s. All original my foot. A Mitchell's mauser would have been better barrel wise as a shooter.
Remember the pitted group has a different import mark & location of the mark than the ATI import mark on this nice group. I think if they were that foolish to pull some dirty work, people would really beat them down. For the price, one would think you could get them by date? It would be nice to know stock and barrel condition. It would be nice to know the date and if the marker's mark has been buffed down during rebuild, or if it is a crisp star. Line outs or stamped numbers? Matching, but how? Bayonets still numbered to the rifle? Views of the sling and cleaning kit... The old days of honest dealings are gone for a fast sale.
I remember the old, original Classic where each RC K98k was offer and shown separately with a few photos with an individual detailed description of each rifle. They sold them honestly, and they sold fast. Each week they listed about 40-50 rifles and we all waited for the listings. You knew what you were buying. But that was 2006-2008, times and companies change. :violin:

Tommy Fox Stone
United States of America

#8 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 pm

I for one have never had any problems with Classic everything I got from them has been very good and I don't use hand select...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...

C.S.A...

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#9 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Reviews on this new ATI batch are great: see Aims reviews on this batch of rifles that both sources offer:
Hex receiver https://aimsurplus.com/tula-hex-russian ... _ref_pos=1

Round receiver https://aimsurplus.com/tula-russian-189 ... w-bayonet/

Return to “Russian and Finnish Rifles”