Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Mosin hord with odd importer

1891, 91/30, M38, M44, 91/59, P-series, M27, M28, M28-30 and M39
72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Mosin hord with odd importer

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:40 pm

I went to a Cabelas- Richfield WI, somewhat south of West Bend, WI and the store had 23, Mosin 91/30s both hex and round receivers. The oddest ones I have seen with a nice small, hardly visible import mark on the left side at the wood line, and a tiny new serial number not visible to my eyes-- you need a magnifier to see the mark it was so small, on the right side of the receiver at the wood line. These had a import mark that read "FOX TROT SKN NY". No pictures. The guy would not let me snap a photo.

The import mark was very light and blended into the blue--very odd. Actually great small indiscreet marks that must post date 2002 since they are on the receiver and not the barrel. These are matching rifles, but they had huge rust spots looking like an old rusty car part or craters on the moon. Way too rusted on the metal. They had spots on the receiver top, the bands, and the bolt, like water damaged during crate storage. Great wood stocks, but the metal was so poor due too large rust spots that I would not have paid $49 when Mosins were normally $79 for such a specimen. Get this, Cabelas had $349 on the garbage.
These were great all matching rifles with cleaning rods- no counter bores, no slings, but they were destroyed by water -rust damaged. One would have to be nuts to pay that much. Odd they found a hord of M91/30s. They must have been in cosmo or in a wrap and were destroyed by moisture that got under the cosmo.

Anyone ever see a FOX TROT import mark on Mosins from NY? I would have paid $50 for the stocks -- but $349 is a joke.
Last edited by 72 usmc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

DaleH
United States of America

Re: Mosin hord with odd importer

#2 Post by DaleH » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:52 am

I see them (Foxtrot) listed w/ Guns Intl as an importer:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =100933891

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Classic has got some of these rusty dogs just like I saw at Cabelas. The base price is $239 for junk. Then you do the add ons??? see

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m91-30- ... -g1-g2-g3/

Click on the product video
or here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQeyf76Cls

The boxes must have got moisture under the cosmo. Classic's Mosin examples are at least cleaned of cosmo. It makes it easy to see the rust pits. There is no mention of where these came from.
Here are pictures of the conditions of the Mosins at Classic & Cabelas. It is pretty nasty for the asking prices.
$50 parts rifles :shhh: :shhh: :snooty: :doh:
Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.09.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.10.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.13.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.12.07 PM.png
Watch the Classic video for better views and descriptions. It is possible that Cabelas got theirs from Classic??????? The specimens I viewed at Cabelas look like all grade 3 rifles. It is actually unbelievable, that anyone would pay so much for a rust bucket. :roll: :roll:
It appears they have not sold any since July of 2018, I did not do a recount at Christmas, but the racks are full. Maybe they sold at most 5.

Anyone else see these similar rifles at their local Cabelas store?
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:03 am

At the end of the video you will see the bands are all rusted on all grades and the rust on the receiver was cleaned & reblued. Also note the bolts look like the red brown rust has been buffed on Classic's garbage. Classic cleaned them up as best they could. These are a slightly different looking, cleaned up versions of the Cabelas's examples that show a rusty brown over the receiver and bolts. Not touched up. Some of the bands and area of the wood and band spring always show heavy damage. These might work out if you get a grade one and then buy a correct cocking piece and the two correctly marked bands as replacements for the rusty parts . Or just get a new bolt, bands, and sling and you are ready to go for another $125-150 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:angry-tappingfoot: :confusion-questionmarks:

They do lack the huge bill board nasty import marks.

Return to “Russian and Finnish Rifles”