Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

M 24 Trigger Return Spring?

1891, 91/30, M38, M44, 91/59, P-series, M27, M28, M28-30 and M39
ffuries
United States of America

M 24 Trigger Return Spring?

#1 Post by ffuries » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 pm

My Finnish M24 is missing the trigger return spring, so I've looked online to find one, just to return it to Finnish standards per se. A lot of the spring kits I see for sale have a Sear Spring Shim aka washer with it.

Did the Fins use a sear spring shim? If not, does this still need installed? Is this a safety thing or does it serve some other purpose?

Also how close in appearance are the aftermarket ones compared to the originals? Haven't seen an original one for sale, and haven't seen an original one, that wasn't installed, making it hard to see how it really looks. 

So any help is greatly appreciated. 

After the trigger return spring, all I need is to find an appropriate Finnish sling, and eventually a bayonet to complete it. I found an original M91 cleaning rod for it on ebay for $30.00 (couldn't pass that up). Mine is also missing the upper handguard and I understand that the handguard is/was something that was easily broke (Due to the thinness of wood to accommodate the heavy barrel), so many are missing them. So finding one of them is like finding Bigfoot!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Return to “Russian and Finnish Rifles”